CrowdSupport®
David170
Level 2: Rookie

FOUND PHONES UNDER NETWORK HEADING USING FILE EXPLORER THAT SHOULD NOT BE ON NETWORK. LAST NIGHT

Answered

HAS ANYONE EVER FOUND A RASPBERRY UNDER NETWORK HEADING USING FILE EXPLORER WIN 10. IT IS SIMILAR TO A FAKE MOBILE TOWER OR A STINGRAY DEVICE USED BY GOVT IN US AND IT ALLIES

David 170
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Mkrtich
Level 12: Master Detective
Accepted Solution

Re: FOUND PHONES UNDER NETWORK HEADING USING FILE EXPLORER THAT SHOULD NOT BE ON NETWORK. LAST NIGHT

Fascinating discovery - do you mean a Raspberry Pi icon followed by a code reference? 

This may be related to Microsoft accommodating their Windows Phone OS links into the Windows 10 platform.

I don't usually have cause to look in the Network folder, so naïve to its existence, but after reading your post, I looked into my Windows 10 PC which showed a Smart Phone Icon with PIC8KS6-TSP7. A web search on that code connected me to "What is My Browser.com Developers" where it is shown as User Agent for Chrome 65 on Android (Marshmallow) User Agent specifically Mozilla/5.0 (Linux,Android6.0;PIC8K56-TSP7 Build/MRA58K) followed by other codes Apple WebKit, Chrome and Safari) - looks like all bases covered. Doing another web search on 'User Agent' revealed its purpose which look legitimate as they are used by all websites developers.

Another interesting phenomena on my PC, is that it disappeared from the Network folder after I did some web searching. Suspected it loads on PC Startup - verified when restarted PC. Did some more web surfing and it disappeared again. I also have a Raspberry Pi, I also use Apple, I don't use Android or Microsoft Remote Desktop or Windows Connect Now, I sometimes use Chrome when Edge plays up and Team Viewer to help out friends and sometimes use Company Live Chat to deal with Call Centres, so maybe Microsoft loads this automatically to cover all bases and then disappears after it loads for its own reasons or if it is not applicable once you use your specific PC browser - it knows you are not using a Smart Phone. 

Highlighted
David170
Accepted Solution

Re: FOUND PHONES UNDER NETWORK HEADING USING FILE EXPLORER THAT SHOULD NOT BE ON NETWORK. LAST NIGHT

@Mkrtich wrote:

Fascinating discovery - do you mean a Raspberry Pi icon followed by a code reference? 

This may be related to Microsoft accommodating their Windows Phone OS links into the Windows 10 platform.

I don't usually have cause to look in the Network folder, so naïve to its existence, but after reading your post, I looked into my Windows 10 PC which showed a Smart Phone Icon with PIC8KS6-TSP7. A web search on that code connected me to "What is My Browser.com Developers" where it is shown as User Agent for Chrome 65 on Android (Marshmallow) User Agent specifically Mozilla/5.0 (Linux,Android6.0;PIC8K56-TSP7 Build/MRA58K) followed by other codes Apple WebKit, Chrome and Safari) - looks like all bases covered. Doing another web search on 'User Agent' revealed its purpose which look legitimate as they are used by all websites developers.

Another interesting phenomena on my PC, is that it disappeared from the Network folder after I did some web searching. Suspected it loads on PC Startup - verified when restarted PC. Did some more web surfing and it disappeared again. I also have a Raspberry Pi, I also use Apple, I don't use Android or Microsoft Remote Desktop or Windows Connect Now, I sometimes use Chrome when Edge plays up and Team Viewer to help out friends and sometimes use Company Live Chat to deal with Call Centres, so maybe Microsoft loads this automatically to cover all bases and then disappears after it loads for its own reasons or if it is not applicable once you use your specific PC browser - it knows you are not using a Smart Phone. 

David 170
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

David, 

You need to be careful when posting screenshots as your email address is visible in them.  Have notified moderators to get them removed. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

I used to sometime find a phantom phone listed in File explorer but since disabling and stopping the Windows Connect Now service it no longer appears.

Mkrtich
Level 12: Master Detective
Accepted Solution

Highlighted
David170
Accepted Solution

@Mkrtich wrote:

David 170
Accepted Solution

David, 

You need to be careful when posting screenshots as your email address is visible in them.  Have notified moderators to get them removed. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
David170

Thank you, It looks like you have fixed the issue for me. I get so worried it is good to know you helped me. I like the level and its name you have achieved. I spent so long in a hospital that I once became omnipotent until I found that I was just on a drug named Omnipon and returned to normality.

David 170

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now