CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Mrjock
Level 2: Rookie

Fig Tree Pocket outage

Answered
I've had no cable service for 10 days now thus taking out broadband and Foxtel. Despite an engineer visit yesterday (9 day wait) who implied a network fault, no one on service support seems to have a clue as to what's going on. I ask for an update and get told to reboot modem. An absurd quite of service. Anyone else with problems in Norman St area of FTP?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mrjock
Accepted Solution

Re: Fig Tree Pocket outage

And service restored. Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Mrjock,

Any newly reported issues can be found here: http://tel.st/6x6a

There is an issue that has been ongoing, since 9th March, and this may be affecting your service. 

I will get this one through to our tech guys who can assist to further investigate for you. They are not in over the weekend, but should be able to respond by Monday.

Ivan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Mrjock

Ivan,

Some sense at last, you don't know how appreciated your response is. Thank you.

I look forward to further updates, and a resolution in the near future.

Dave
Mrjock

I'm guessing no news is not good news as still no service.
Support Team
Support Team

That's no good Mrjock,

I've just had another look at our Service Status page that Ivan linked you to, and it looks like we have fixed the issue so if you are still having problems I'd recommend having a chat to our Foxtel Faults team on 131999 about that.

-Dylan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Mrjock

Thanks, will do
Mrjock
Accepted Solution

And service restored. Thanks
DFT

Since they started rolling out the NBN in our area the broadband keeps goingdown. Been without my cable for two days now. No sign of outage listed. Same problem each time and its not my gear that has the problem either. Come on Telstra i am in Melton.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi DFT,

If there is no outage listed I would recommend following this up with our Tech Support team on 133933 so we can follow this up for you

DFT

Hi Ashley i had the problem reported. I now have four greens on the modem and have registered the modem with BP. But it states in one hour and it will be okay. That was last night at 7pm. Still have 4 greens this morning and no internet. Any ideas?
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi DFT,

I would firstly suggest clearing your browser cache, and if the issue is still ongoing I would recommend you try performing a factory reset on your modem.

The best way to do it is via the modem interface http://192.168.0.1, but can also be done by holding in the Reset button for approximately 10 seconds or until the power light flashes. Please note that the second method can take a few attempts to be successful.

Once returned to factory defaults, please allow 10 minutes before retesting. 

If this is for a new modem, then we may need to manually update the modems MAC ID into the account system, and you will need to speak with our Accounts team (13 22 03 or  https://livechat.telstra.com/) to organise this. 

If this is an existing modem and/or service, then this will need to be investigated further. Have you contacted Tech Support on 133 933 yet?

- Shelly

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now