CrowdSupport®
matt_waddo
Level 2: Rookie

Find IP address remotely

Answered
Is there a way that i can find out my home IP address while i'm not there?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Find IP address remotely

If Telstra will not provide external address of modem there is no way to find it unless the the solar inverter app provides the address.

You would not need your IP address if you had set up a free ddns (Dynamic do name service) with a company such as NO-IP The provide you with a URL that is dynamically updated with the external address of your modem.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
tonygad1
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Not sure why you would need to or if you can do that however if someone has access to your home modem connected computer ask them to click on this link http://www.whatismyip.com.au and ask them to text you the numbers Smiley Happy
matt_waddo

There's no one there. My home wifi router is connected to the internet. My solar inverter is connected to my wifi as is my security cameras. I'm trying to get my ip address so i can access my security cameras hard drive. Telstra claim they can't provide it
tonygad1

Hmmm from my limited understanding IP addresses are randomly assigned on each session  via your modem and if it's not operating I cannot see how Telstra or anyone could remotely access your IP address as I assume it would be non-existent. Caveat: I know enough to be dangerous Smiley Happy

Spoiler

Highlighted
matt_waddo

My modem is on
tonygad1

How can you be sure it's on?

matt_waddo

I can access my solar inverter, through its app, and see it operating in real time, so it's connected to the modem via wifi and the modem must be on. To do this with my security system dvr i need the ip address of the modem
Accepted Solution

If Telstra will not provide external address of modem there is no way to find it unless the the solar inverter app provides the address.

You would not need your IP address if you had set up a free ddns (Dynamic do name service) with a company such as NO-IP The provide you with a URL that is dynamically updated with the external address of your modem.

View solution in original post

benhelps
Level 8: Inspector

What cf4 said.

Also, do you have a computer on at home that you can remote into with something like google remote desktop, team viewer or the like? If so as mentioned above you could visit something like whatismyip. I always leave such access to something at home, as Telstra modem has stopped doing DynDNS properly (tg799)
Ben Helps
https://benhelps.me
benhelps
Level 8: Inspector

Also, nothing buried in the settings of this app about what it's connecting to?
Ben Helps
https://benhelps.me

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit