Fapple
Level 1: Cadet

Fixed Line not working - Using Mobile Backup

I signed end up for Telstra about a month ago as it was the only way to get connected in my house, according to Telstra our fixed cable line is active but we have only been able to use the Mobile Backup for the last month. I'm positive everything is connected correctly, after so many problems with ISP's we just decided 'screw it the Mobile Backup is fast enough." But as of today it has been slowed down to massive 0.02 Mbp/s. Has anyone else had this problem? I've tried different modem setups but I just can't get the fixed line to kick in.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Fixed Line not working - Using Mobile Backup

If the mobile broadband is used when there is no outage or downtime or pretty much outside the terms of service for the smart/frontier modems it gets shaped, which would be likely what has happened. Your best bet is to speak to support, they apparently have a web form they can load to have it restored but you’d need to speak to them about the ongoing issues or you may find that it ends up happening again if they restore it and the usage continues.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more