Highlighted
Meltdown1
Level 1: Cadet

Frequent NBN Drop Outs

Answered

Hi, since 1 month ago (prior to that, no problems) the NBN has been dropping out for 5-10 minutes a time around 6-10 times a day. Telstra sent a new modem, didnt fix it. Telstra and NBN sent technicians, could find a problem. I have contacted Telstra almost every day, they acknowledge the fault and keep telling me they are asking NBN for an update and NBN keep claiming that it is fixed and closing the ticket. This is driving me mad, i dont know what to do. I have raised a formal complaint with Telstra a few days ago. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Frequent NBN Drop Outs

It will require an NBN technician's visit. If Telstra has repeatedly requested for one to visit, then there isn't anything else that they can do. If nothing gets resolved within the first few weeks in January, lodge a complaint with the TIO about NBN Co's failure to investigate.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Accepted Solution

It will require an NBN technician's visit. If Telstra has repeatedly requested for one to visit, then there isn't anything else that they can do. If nothing gets resolved within the first few weeks in January, lodge a complaint with the TIO about NBN Co's failure to investigate.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Meltdown1

thanks, i will logde the complaint. The technical did show up one, though couldn't find a fault even as it dropped out in front of his eyes.
Petehales

We are having the same issues. Nbn technician came today and it has already dropped out six times since he left. No issues before NBN. We had such a good service, were made to join NBN and are now back to old school crappy internet. Trying to watch Netflix and has dropped out so many times I can’t be bothered finishing my movie.
Support Team
Support Team

Hello Petehales.

I am sorry to read your service with Telstra is still dropping out after the tech visit.

Our Support Team for Telstra customers connect via the nbn are open 24x7 contact them on 1800 834 273 to report the issue is still happening.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more