Highlighted
KJ0
Level 1: Cadet

Gateway Max Password

Answered
Hi, I can't remember my username and password to login to my gateway max. I'm using the address 192.168.0.1 and have changed it from the default admin / password credentials. Huge thanks for any ideas on how to access or reset!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

Re: Gateway Max Password

Most modems have a tiny hole on the back of them with a small button in it. If you push the button in with a pin or needle for 10 seconds it should reset it to default. You may need to power the modem off and then restart it whilst holding button in.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

Most modems have a tiny hole on the back of them with a small button in it. If you push the button in with a pin or needle for 10 seconds it should reset it to default. You may need to power the modem off and then restart it whilst holding button in.

Garbo2
Level 3: Gumshoe

Hi Yeldarb,

I tried your solution and it rebooted the modem but I still cannot log in to my cable Gateway Max.  It still asks for a password.

What happened this morning was that my modem seemed to drop the connection and my fixed line phone would not work.  I could not contact technica support.  The system seemed to "think" I had moved.  I somehow kind of reactivated the modem and am back on line.  I tried to phone the Telstra Activation number but could not get through, after holding for about ten minutes.  Maybe I could phone back later in the day but this is wasting my time, which no doubt is nobodies problem but mine.

Maybe I am missing something but any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Edit - As long as the modem is working and I can go online, the best idea might be to forget the whole incident.

Cheers.

Garbo2

I can now answer my own question.  Quite stupid really!

Default user name is - "admin" and default password is "password".

Thanks.

Panda2015

I had this problem also and tried that username and password and it didn't work
Garbo2

It works with my gateway.  I Googled and found another Crowd Support thread -

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware/Telstra-Gateway-Max-login/td-p/455198

That thread might possibly help with your understanding.

In your browser, Internet Explorer, Firefox or whatever go to ? Have forgotten.  Will have to check and come back.

Edit - Here we are - Go to>  192.168.0.1

Type - Admin - into the Username panel and - Password - in the Password panel.  If that does not work someone else might help.  Good Luck!

Support Team
Support Team

If you are still having trouble after the steps Garbo2 posted please call Telstra Technical Support team on 133 933 they go through this with you. . You can also chat to us here http://tel.st/gq6m. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Kazzy81

I just purchased a Gateway Max today and the defult login and password are not working. I keep getting the message 'Invalid username or password'. Any suggestions?

Garbo2

Hi Kazzy81,

I suggest you read through this thread again and if you still cannot login, as Moderator Iain_T suggested, phone Technical Support 133 933.  It can be confusing, but it should work.

Good Luck. Cheers.

jonhnB

Thank you it did work for me

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now