CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Gateway max. Your WAN connection is down

I got my Telstra Cable service last week and ever since I have gotten it, randomly the WAN connection will go down. It's like clock-work and happens every morning or night. I called the Telstra service team and they always say to take the Coax cable out for 30 seconds and put it back in. This doesn't help and the Internet keeps going off and on. The WAN light on the modem blinks and then after a few seconds the down connection light goes off and the up connnection starts blinking and vice versa - but always when this happens the WAN light blinks. The Telstra service person said they would call back in two hours to check if the problem had been fixed but they never called back, that's two strikes Telstra, If you let me down again on this issue I am going to Optus. I have University students in the home trying to study for exams and they need the internet , the unreliability is causing them a lot of stress. My modem is the Telsta Gateway Max

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Gateway max. Your WAN connection is down

If you continue to experience disconnections after restarting the modem and checking the coaxial cable, then our Tech Support team will need to organise for a technician to attend so that this can be investigated further. 

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit