CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

HFC NBN Dropouts

Hi. Connected to NBN HFC 6 months ago and continual issues (dropouts and slow speed) since. Then complete internet loss for days every time it rains. Numerous calls to Telstra and they refuse to arrange a technician despite my requests. Does anyone have any suggestions please on how I can demand a technician - as a paying customer - for such ongoing issues?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: HFC NBN Dropouts

The rain issue is a classic water / fluid in the pit or cabinet or a poor connection.
Have you rung NBN itself?
One of the Telstra staff here should be able to elevate a complaint within Telstra if what you write is what I understand you are saying re Telstra
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks ProfessorPhone. Yes I have called NBN but they said faults must go through provider (Telstra). Agree water in the pits would be the cause of the complete outage, not sure the cause of dropouts/terrible speeds & I just want a technician to investigate it. Looks like another call to Telstra tomorrow where I'll be read the same script...
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @Kisa10 Welcome to CrowdSupport! 

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties with your NBN service there. Our NBN tech support team should be escalating your issue to the wholesale provider for potential network issues outside of your home. 

If you feel you're not receiving satisfaction from support via 1800 TFIBRE please submit your concerns here: Lodging a complaint with Telstra and we'll assign a case manager to contact you and discuss further. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit