CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

HFC NBN drops out every 20-30 mins

Answered

Had our Telstra Cable service migrated to NBN HFC mid Feb, and we've been having issues ever since. I tried calling 1800834273 for the Telstra NBN support but they don't work 24/7 and now I get put on indefinite hold due to the COVID19 issues in their call centers. I just need a NBN tech to come back and check out the lines, as I suspect either the provided Arris NBN modem or something in the NBN box outside our house is faulty.

I've tried hard resetting both Arris modem and the Telstra Smart Gen 2 Modem, didn't fix the issue and it still continuously drops out every 20 mins or so. This is making work from home extremely difficult. Anyone that can put me through to NBN or put a request through would be greatly appreciated!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: HFC NBN drops out every 20-30 mins

Unfortunately the only way to get this looked at would be to call Telatras faults team on 1800 834 273. The faults team is avalaible 24/7 but there are significant wait times due to the coronavirus affecting call centres in the Philippines.
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Unfortunately the only way to get this looked at would be to call Telatras faults team on 1800 834 273. The faults team is avalaible 24/7 but there are significant wait times due to the coronavirus affecting call centres in the Philippines.
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

• Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks for the quick reply GuiltySpark, that was the option I feared. Still on hold on that number for 50mins and counting... Hopefully I can get through to someone...

Highlighted

Wait times are currently over an hour at the moment. Hopefully shouldn't be much longer for you to get through to someone.

Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

This might sound like a strange questions but do you have any iPhones connected to the modem? In some cases iPhones have caused the Gen 2 modem's to repeatedly reboot.

Highlighted

Unfortunately not, the Gen 2 modem is not being used for wireless access and we have a separate router for that. The Gen 2 modem actually is fine, but the Arris NBN modem is rebooting every 30 mins or so causing the Gen 2 modem to kick into 4G backup (which takes 5 mins, and by the time 4G is connected, the NBN connection is back).

Highlighted

Eventually got someone, but since I'm still at work they were not able to confidently pin point the issue without doing some onsite diagnostics. Will give it another go once I get back home, not looking forward to the hour long hold though.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

My NBN drops out all the time. Tells me that it is looking for Networks, then says "on" and just as quickly drops out again. This week, have had no internet during commercial business hours!!!!

Highlighted

And if you go on to the Quick Chat, they are a few basic questions then try to put you onto some site where you are charged $5 ('fully refundable'. they say( to ask your question. Excuse me???????

Highlighted

Am in the same boat. Dropouts aren’t so bad but enough to be annoying and the switchover to wireless wan isn’t instantaneous and if your doing something everything stops to the switch.

since having NBN installed, our Foxtel service suffers from a lot of pixelation.  Waiting on hold right now

Highlighted

i have the same problem! but its more like every 10-15 mins. Driving me insane. Please keep me updated on what the problem is if you find out. I am currently on hold to tech support, 2 hours and 15 minutes and still counting.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit