CrowdSupport®
HamishMcGeach
Level 2: Rookie

Has anyone held on to cable past advised cutoff date

I get speeds of 115 mbps consistently 24/7 on cable. I have been told my internet would be disconnected last week but it's still going. Telstra want me to sign up to 40mbps for the same money. I gather upload would be faster than my current 5mbps but I dont upload much at all, and dropping so much speed I am not looking forward to. Has anyone held out past the schedulled cutoff? Are there any risks to just waiting?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Has anyone held on to cable past advised cutoff date

The risk to just waiting is that your service will be cut off (and it will happen).

Telstra shouldn't have given people on HFC a free speedboost because of the delay to the NBN rollout. All it's done is cause anxiety when people migrate and go on to the 50Mbps standard speed.

Most people don't really need 100Mbps+ speeds. I've got 2 teenagers and manage to run a 4K TV, a HD TV, 4 mobiles and 3 computers on a 37Mbps connection simultaneously with very few issues.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

There are risks in waiting. You could find your phone and Internet disconnected with no warning apart from the messages warning that this was going to happen and there could be a considerable delay before you get connected to NBN. I have seen a few posts of people complaining because they have suddenly been cut off because they did not heed the warning messages and have been without phone and internet for an extended period of time while waiting for NBN Technician to install NBN.

HamishMcGeach
Level 2: Rookie

I agree reading about the deals offered in the past kinda irks me, I havent been offered any speedboost. No-one seems to remember the $100 sign on incentive. The install date was pushed out by 3 weeks. When I asked why I was told it was always this date you must be mistaken, even though presumably the calls are recorded. Not happy Jan. I like the sig about escape routes. I have got myself 100 gb a month of 4g with Optus just  in case it all goes dead. Thanks for the replies.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit