agentconfucius
Level 1: Cadet

Having an issue with Apple products on Telstra cable

Hi there, so I am having trouble with wi-fi on cable, especially with Telstra products. Telstra TV and my wife's Microsoft laptop are fine, but out iphones, ipads and my Macbook can all connect to the internet, but we get regular non-connections and internet speed is so slow. I've restarted, unplugged and reset the modems numerous times with no luck. Anyone else had this issue?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Having an issue with Apple products on Telstra cable

Try this....
On the devices causing you grief....."forget" the connection....switch off the the device for 6 minutes then reboot and then do a fresh connection. If that fails...do a Network Reset in the Apple devices again switching off for 5 minutes after the reset before setting up fresh connections
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

The other thing that you can do is assign a static IP address for each device. Sometimes the DHCP server isn't the best at keeping track of what it is doing. I had the same problem in my household, and that fixed the issue for me.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Smee-again

Currently having exact same problem with Apple products but also current version of Telstra TV.
Did all self service trouble shooting. Been on hold for ages to call Centre.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Smee-again. Appreciate your patience in this. How did you get on in that phone call? I'd like to know we've stepped through the issue and found the cause. - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Smee-again

I wIted 3 hours on call and hung up. Rang next day and after another wait the issue was resolved. It was a fault on the line. Something I could not have solved. I’m still a little upset at the time it took.
Thank you
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the update and glad that this was resolved for you in the end even with the wait times that you have had to endure Smiley Sad 

Let us know if you have any further questions with your services as we are here to assist as best we can 24/7. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more