CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Help with Telstra Velocity connection

Hi,

I'm hoping someone here can help me, as I've had absolutely no success via the relevant channels on the phone so far, despite going through all the typical troubleshooting steps (all of which I had done prior to seeking technical assitance).

I am on a Telstra Velocity (aka Smart Community) network. All the Telstra infrastructure is in place (fibre connection, internal NTD device etc.)

It has been confirmed that the internet service itself has been activated. However I am yet to get any connection so far.

From all the troubleshooting I've done so far, it seems as if there might be a fault or misconfiguration with the internal NTD - but I'm honestly unsure where the issue lies. The main reason I have come to this conclusion is that no matter which LAN port I try (I've tested 1 through 4), whether I connect the modem or a PC directly to the NTD, there is no LAN light whatsoever. 

The LAN light does briefly come on during power up, and the ethernet cable flashes at the same time as you would expect when there is a connection - though once the NTD has finished powering up and the lights (Power, WAN etc.) are green, the LAN light disappears and there does not seem to be any connection between any device and the NTD.

Another thing I found strange is that during testing various things with technical support, they advised they were going to 'restart & rebuild' everything from their end, and that I should see the NTD power cycle. This did not happen and there was no change on the NTD during this process.

Please give me something to go on! In between initially setting up the account and waiting for the Telstra technicians to install the NTD etc. it has now been over a month since I kicked the order off and I can only survive so long using 4G dongles when I am required to work from home on occasion.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

- Kyle.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Help with Telstra Velocity connection

Hi Kyle,

Are you still having difficulties with your service? The Tech Support team are the best contact for this issue as they will have access to your account details and will be able to escalate as required.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for the response.

It's mostly sorted as of today - I now have a connection after the tech team did something from their end, and now the LAN light comes on and the router/modem is connecting.

However I'm only getting 5-20mbit on average, when my connection should be 100mbit. So I'll be getting back in touch to see why that is.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

If you can log into My Account, you should be able to see the speed of the service that has been provisioned. Are you testing the speed on a device connected to the modem via Wi-Fi or Ethernet? - Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit