CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Kee
Level 1: Cadet

Home Broadband SSID/WPA & Telstra Air

Answered

Hi,

Recently just  subscribe to Telstra home broadband. Wanted to ask a few question:

1) Can I change my SSID and WPA key on the wifi router?  If so, where can I get the instructions

2) part of the broadband package is that I can use the Telstra Air hotspots. Where can I find out information about login/password to use the Telstra Air?

3) if I change the wifi-router's SSID/WPA key, will this impact access to Telstra Air?

Regards,

Kee

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Home Broadband SSID/WPA & Telstra Air

To change Wi-Fi SSID and WPA Key on Sagemcom F@st 5355gateway

1. log in to gateway using web browser address is http://10.0.0.138 password is admin,
  2. Click on Wi-Fi top left
  3. Click on 2.4 G Wi-Fi band Tab
  4. Enter new SSID and WPA Key
  5. Click on apply
  6. Click on 5 G Wi-Fi band Tab and repeat steps 4 - 5  

Wi-Fi_SSID_Password.jpg

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi Kee, you can find all instructions on Telstra Air including what it is, how it works and how to register and use the service at: telstra.com/air

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5

You can try the instructions here:
https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware-KB/How-To-Change-your-Wi-Fi-Password-SSID-amp...

(the instructions are missing the instructions for the F@ST model currently though)

2) the log in will be your @bigpond.com email address and password that you were allocated as a part of the order process

3) No, that will not impact it at all.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Accepted Solution

To change Wi-Fi SSID and WPA Key on Sagemcom F@st 5355gateway

1. log in to gateway using web browser address is http://10.0.0.138 password is admin,
  2. Click on Wi-Fi top left
  3. Click on 2.4 G Wi-Fi band Tab
  4. Enter new SSID and WPA Key
  5. Click on apply
  6. Click on 5 G Wi-Fi band Tab and repeat steps 4 - 5  

Wi-Fi_SSID_Password.jpg

Thanks for that @cf4.

I hope you don't mind I updated the KB article with those instructions and noted you as a contributor. Will make it easier for people to find it when just looking through. Smiley Very Happy
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Kee
Level 1: Cadet

Hi, @DrQ

Thanks for the reply. I tried to access the link you given but did not work. It indicate the article does not exist.  By the way, my wifi router is a Technicolor TG797n V3.

Thanks for sharing about the Telstra Air. But where can I obtainn the instruction to connect to Telstra Air?

Regards,

Kee

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi Kee, you can find all instructions on Telstra Air including what it is, how it works and how to register and use the service at: telstra.com/air

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now