CrowdSupport®
Ozinomad
Level 2: Rookie

Home Dashboard

I am getting a message that 'my device is not compatible with this version' of the Home Dashboard app. Is there a work around please. I am using a Samsung S2Tab. I have been able to install the app on my Samsung S5 phone but prefer the Tab if I can install the app. Thanks.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Home Dashboard

Hi @Ozinomad

Thanks for reaching out.

Just to clarify are you referring to a Telstra android widget on the tablet that syncs to your account for usage and balance updates?

Please let me know so I can best assist further.

- Stef

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Ozinomad
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks for your reply Stef. I am using the Telstra 24/7 app. When I select Core Internet one of the options is Other Ways to get Support and then Home Dashboard. This then gives the message telling me my device is not compatible. Look forward to hearing from you.

Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

You could side load the app from your Samsung S5 phone. I had to do this to install the Home dashboard app on my Galaxy Tab A6.

To side load the app first install a backup app on your phone such as "APK share & backup)

Open the APK share & backup app

Tap on the Home Dashboard app

Tap Backup

Open the Samsung My Files app

Go to Backup\Apps  there you will find a Home Dashboard.APK file

Long tap on the file, select share and upload the file to google drive.

On you Samsung S2 open the google drive app

Locate the file and download it to the S2

Open settings app on S2

Go to apps

Tap on settings three dots top right.

Tap on Special access

Tap on My Files and toggle switch to on to allow installation of unknown apps.

Open the My Files App.

Locate the Home Dashboard apk file in the down load folder.

Tap on the file.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now