CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
ego123
Level 2: Rookie

Home broadband

Answered

Hi

I have Telstra Mobile,Telstra landline but I cannot get a home broadband service.

I moved into this home six months ago, the previous owner had broadband when I viewed the property prior to purchasing.

He moved out and took his phone number with him because he was in the same neighbourhood.

I was then told by Telstra that there where no "ports" available for me ?????

There are new properties being built all around me does that mean no broadband for them. ??

I live in Baldivis WA 6171

Could somebody please explain this to me.?

PS..... I used the spell check and Telstra is not on the list ???? LOL

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ego123
Accepted Solution

Re: Home broadband

Thanks for the Internode tip.

Up & running in four days.

How do they do it when Telstra couldnt even give me a Bundle Job ??

Thanks again

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hello ego123,

Firstly, welcome to CrowdSupport. Please stick around and offer any expertise you have in the range of topics we have here, in our Community.

ego123, "No ports" simply means that there are no longer any room in the exchange for us to connect your house in order to provide ADSL broadband.

I understand that new properties are being built around you and until such time that we've added capacities, no one in that area will have access to ADSL broadband. There may be an opportunity for Telstra then to add more capacity if there is a demand for it otherwise an altenative broadband service will need to be sought at this time. Thank you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

ego123

Hi

Correct me if I'm wrong , but dont all providers connect through Telstra. ??

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

No. There are several providers that have their own hardware, you would need to contact them to find out. In many areas though, the only infrastructure provider is Telstra so services provided by us or a third party would all be using our equipment.

If the previous resident connected in the same area then its possible he retained the port that was being used for his ADSL at your premises for his new address. The reason for this is because ports are not assigned to a particular address.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

ego123

Thank You.

Ticked_Off_1
Level 3: Gumshoe

Try someone like "Internode", I understand they have their own DSLAMs at many exchanges depending on where you are situated of course.

http://www.internode.on.net/residential/adsl_broadband/

ego123

Thanks again.

Waiting on a response from Internode.

ego123
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the Internode tip.

Up & running in four days.

How do they do it when Telstra couldnt even give me a Bundle Job ??

Thanks again

View solution in original post

Sandy2704
Level 1: Cadet

I live in Butler WA and for the last week I have not been able to connect to the Internet at home. I believe this is a major issue with many customers and despite paying for the extra Platimum service to assist with issues like this I have been unable to get through to any consultant and been on hold for hours at a time and still not got though. I have tried resetting the modem and the only help I have managed to get was off Facebook.......really???? Is this what I get for my Platimum service???? 

I have tried the reset option, tried turning modem off etc and still cannot fix the problem. I don't know what my options are in trying to resolve this issue and cannot stay on the phone for hours at a time and even if I could you just stay on hold burning up my mobile data!!!!! Can someone please tell me how I am going to resolve this issue????????

NotHappyJan143
Level 1: Cadet

So I have had an issue with slow broadband for years. I have had telstra come out and fix old wares, replace things, I have bought a new modem, spliters even a new computer - see  latest speed tests , Its an ongoing issue all the time. Paying over $100 per month and I cant even watch a 3 minute video unless it goes in to buffer. I am supposed to havee ADSL - I could hand deliver mail quicker. . Keep getting told my speeds are ok. -WELL THEY ARE NOT. I belive that they are rigged to look good when they do the tests. because I can run the same tests and this is what I get.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi NotHappyJan143, 

Are these speeds constant or does it do they rise and fall during the day?  If these slower speeds are particularly apparent during peak usage periods (like after school and weekends) it could be that your service is being affected by congestion.

When you spoke with our Tech Support team did they check this for you?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now