Highlighted
Chavigv
Level 1: Cadet

Home phone number porting

Answered
Hi just sign for home broadband cable Telstra online and asked for porting my home phone number from TPG
Today got a call tell me I cannot port will get new number and offering something about calls for 30 per month
I just want to know can i port or no ??
Also do I a receive a notification when they send the modem ?? Because haven’t received nothing yet and haven’t cancel TPG yet
Thanks you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Home phone number porting

You should be able to port your phone number across. The usual reason for a port failing is if you don't give the correct account details for the service that you are porting from.

You will need to confirm that the details that you gave Telstra about your TPG account are correct.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: Home phone number porting

You should be able to port your phone number across. The usual reason for a port failing is if you don't give the correct account details for the service that you are porting from.

You will need to confirm that the details that you gave Telstra about your TPG account are correct.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more