H34dsUP
Level 1: Cadet

How do I add another modem to the Telstra modem?

Answered
Hi

I am wanting to add a 2nd modem (NETGEAR Nighthawk D7000) to my existing Telstra modem (TG800vac).

This is so I can extend a stronger wifi signal into other parts of the house.

Is there something in the settings I’m suppose to change?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: How do I add another modem to the Telstra modem?

If you are connecting to the Telstra gateway as a access point and switch set up as per link below. and page 112 of manual

https://kb.netgear.com/24104/How-do-I-change-my-Nighthawk-router-to-AP-mode-after-I-ve-already-run-s...

Suggest you change the WiFi SSID of the Netgear so that it is the same as TG800.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

If you are connecting to the Telstra gateway as a access point and switch set up as per link below. and page 112 of manual

https://kb.netgear.com/24104/How-do-I-change-my-Nighthawk-router-to-AP-mode-after-I-ve-already-run-s...

Suggest you change the WiFi SSID of the Netgear so that it is the same as TG800.

H34dsUP
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks heaps, seems to have worked a treat, appreciate your help on this Smiley Happy

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now