mi11
Level 2: Rookie

How do I find out when a problem will be fixed?

Cable internet and Foxtel via cable havent worked since Sunday in Maribyrnong. The public outage page says there are no outages in my area yet when you press the troubleshoot button and log into the wizard says there is an outage in my area. Every day the wizard has said the problem will be rectified at 7pm the following day and every day this week the target has been pushed back another 24 hours to the 7pm on the following day. This is very frustrating. Which is correct the public page which says no outage or the computer wizard which says there is but magically pushes the problem back another 24 hours every day? I truely have a problem yet the public face of Telstra denies it and privately acknowledges it but never fixes the problem.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES
mi11

Re: How do I find out when a problem will be fixed?

Futher information it seems from compaining that a hub is busted but only 7 accounts are affected so its been catagorised an "ongoing outage" which means it has no resolution date and no priority and the compiter just updates the fixed by time everyday by adding another 24 hours
Support Team
Support Team

Hi mi11, 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing an ongoing outage with your internet. I know it’s frustrating when your service is not working as it’s supposed to. We do our best to get these outages restored as fast as we can. I understand from personal experience how inconvenient this can be and for that, I am very sorry. 

We will update the estimated restoration time as soon as we get confirmation of this timeframe from our field technicians working on the damaged cable to restore services to the area. These things are immensely complex and can take time to repair depending on the severity of the damage caused to the line and the dates are subject to change. 

Again my apologies for the delay and thank you for your patience here. Once the service outage is restored and your internet is back up and running, please give us a call on 132200 or live chat http://tel.st/qp4dc and we will be happy to discuss a possible bill adjustment for the days you were without a service. You can also chat with tech support on 133933 to see if there are any interim service options while repairs are ongoing.

Regards - Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

mi11

Thank you for your reply. I would like my service fixed, but more importantly I would like a firm date when it will be fixed. Your computer showed me a glimmer of hope when it changed the resolution time yesterday from 7pm Sunday to 10 am Monday, but just now it was updated it to be 10am tomorrow. When I chat with representatives they tell me the estimates are coming from field technicians working on the job. If I was to believe this you have had a field technician working on this problem for a week who everyday decides to add another 24 hours to his goal and then goes back to sleep.
mi11

So we are getting close to 10am today (Tuesday) and magically its pushed back to 7PM tonight.

At 8.06am today the page said fixed at 10am today with the last update to the page at 8.40pm yesterday
At 9.15am today the page says fixed at 7PM tonight with the last update to the page at 9.51pm yesterday
So the field technician can step back in time and update the page yesterday.

Technical Support
Technical Support

I can understand how the changing estimated time of repair is frustrating, but I am unable to provide any further updates as you are already aware of the current estimated time of repair from the outages page.

Have you been able to contact Tech Support by calling 133 933 or via Live Chat to organise interim data to be added to a Telstra Mobile device? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more