CrowdSupport®
Sherri01
Level 1: Cadet

How do I setup Big Pond installation without CD? My laptop does not have CD drive.

Hi,

Sorry not particularly computer savvy these days and I want to be able to connect a laptop to my Big Pond ADSL modem (we already have a desktop PC connected), however my laptop doesn't have a CD drive so I can't install the Big Pond software we have.

Is there anywhere I can download the software from?

TIA

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
BMac
Level 13: Super Sleuth

Re: How do I setup Big Pond installation without CD? My laptop does not have CD drive.

Hi Sherri,

Which modem did you get sent?

You can either connect the laptop via ethernet cable to the modem

or find the laptops wifi connection in windows and look for the SSID which should be printed somewhere on your modem assuming its a fairly recent one, when you try to connect it will ask for the key which should be the WPA key also on the modem.  Fingers crossed that's it.  Let us know how you go.

Please note that I am an Telstra employee posting in my own time and on my own volition, my opinions and advice are my own and do not constitute the views, values or policies of Telstra.

If you like my answer please Kudos my post Smiley Happy

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now