CrowdSupport®
Xeteth
Level 1: Cadet

How do you talk to a real tech person?

I've been having trouble with my home NBN service ever since switching from Cable about 4 months ago. Constant drop-outs, the WiFi barely works, slow speeds... the list goes on.

I'm currently on my ~10th call to get this fixed. I'm sick of the usual "Have you plugged it in?", "Are the lights green?", "Can you connect to the WiFi?" questions. I'm logged in to the router itself - how could I do so without being connected to the WiFi?

I've tried explaining again and again that yes, it all appears normal but it keeps dropping. That the WiFi itself fluctuates in speed constantly (confirmed by pinging the router itself) even when the laptop is right next to it. Blah blah blah. I'm actually quite knowledgeable on networking in general being an avid gamer and having completed half a computing degree. But still I can't get through to anyone that will actually look into the issue. 

It's at the point where I lodged an official complaint which I was told someone would get back to me within 24 hours. Well, no call came (shocker). When I called a week later I was told the complaint was closed.

How the hell do I actually get this issue fixed? I wish I never switched to NBN as previously on Cable I had 110/5 Mbps stable. What do I have to do to actually have someone with a clue look into this issue?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Support Team
Support Team

Re: How do you talk to a real tech person?

It would be very frustrating that you are experiencing issues with your service.

We do troubleshooting on every call it is a set procedure it does help us identify system or network issues.

Our support team who can be contacted on 1800 834 273 can escalate the issue if we are unable to resolve this for you.

- Kathy 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now