CrowdSupport®
janesteve
Level 2: Rookie

How happy would you be with this result for your Bigpond NBN connection

D31B2CD0-A30F-4282-AC00-85D364CB8A07.pngLove they Telstra have made me feel all retro with my super fast ( paid the extra 10 bucks as well) internet speeds.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
janesteve

Re: How happy would you be with this result for your Bigpond NBN connection

For the last weeks and a bit, NBN drops out all the time....literally resets every 5 mins or so and internet stops. Can’t tell you how great this is when relying on connections for online degree study amongst other things. Pretty sure I am not getting what was promised. Surely the Goods Act has a role here. I removed the WAN cable and that at least gives me internet but no chance for videos or Netflix, just the lovely connection and speeds you see in the previous post. Reading a vast number of other issues on these forums gives zero confidence. How do we reverse NBN and go back to cable?.

Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

unfortunately politicians on both sides have agreed that there should be no roll back option, so that is pretty much a highly unlikely scenario. 

so that speed is when you have the connection to the nbn modem unplugged which would mean it would be on the 4G backup so that speed is normal for that. 

have you tried any troubleshooting for the nbn connection and the drop outs at all? 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

janesteve

Thanks for response. Gone through troubleshooting without resolution. Sent a message a community board and the amount of people experiencing this same issue is alarming. No outages or schedules maintenance listed anywhere. Connection is FHC and the drop in and outs are probably in the 50 + per day. Connection is up right now! The thing for me is the lack of help from Telstra and apparent buck passing between Telstra and NBN. Frankly, I pay Telstra for this service, they bank my money so I don’t know why the NBN is my issue, it is and should be squarely theirs to resolve.

Am on hold at the moment for another round of buck passing.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit