Highlighted
TomboyShaz
Level 1: Cadet

How long does it take for TShop to process a Home Internet Plan Upgrade Order?

Answered

How long should it take? Here's the timeline

Last weekend, couldn't make sense of the plethora of screens/information on available plans while trying to research upgrading our Home Internet Small Bundle to cope with our recently discovered pleasure of watching Netflix. So we decided not to upgrade the plan online.

Monday - called in to the local TShop and was asked to go back that afternoon for an appointment which we did. During the appointment it was decided to upgrade from our little plan to the Home Internet Connect Plus (1000GB) and the consultant took my order there and then. I was handed the terms and conditions and told it could take a couple of days to process.

Friday morning - received an email from Telstra stating "Your Order Is In" but not giving me an order number or indicating that work has, or is planned, to be completed???

Saturday morning - still sitting on our little plan and we've used 79GB in 5 days!!! At this rate we'll run out of our old plan data before Telstra gets around to upgrading our plan.

Life is a road trip ...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: How long does it take for TShop to process a Home Internet Plan Upgrade Order?

Depending on the store they either do it in store themself in which case the order is processed on the spot and should for just a recontract compete in about 24-48 hours, the other option is for them to do a webform and that goes to a special team who process them, they usually take a couple days to process it and then it takes the 24-48 hours to complete from there... if you got the confirmation to say the order was submitted Friday it should be done now generally speaking.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

Re: How long does it take for TShop to process a Home Internet Plan Upgrade Order?

Depending on the store they either do it in store themself in which case the order is processed on the spot and should for just a recontract compete in about 24-48 hours, the other option is for them to do a webform and that goes to a special team who process them, they usually take a couple days to process it and then it takes the 24-48 hours to complete from there... if you got the confirmation to say the order was submitted Friday it should be done now generally speaking.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

TomboyShaz
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you DrQ ... I dropped in to the TShop whilst out this morning and saw the young lady who processed my order. She was surprised that it took until Friday to get the email and that the order to upgrade my plan has not yet been processed. She had a look and said "It must be stuck, so I'll ask for it to be pushed through for you."
All I can do is wait I suppose ... but my plan hasn't yet changed on MyAccount so it's just a case of monitoring it I suppose.
Sad that it's taking this long though!
Life is a road trip ...

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now