Highlighted
KyleJeff
Level 2: Rookie

How long does it take to have your NBN connection activated?

I just had my NBN Fixed-wireless installed earlier today. Technician said its good to go before leaving. Connection box has green LED on everything, "Status" has green blinking LED. Pluged-in the Telstra Gateway Max 2 WAN port cable to the Uni-D 1 port on the connection box, since that's the port that works for it. For some reason it wont make an internet connection. On the T-Gateway, All LEDs are green except for "Online" which stayed white LED the whole time. it was supposed to become green after 10 minutes according to the guide that came with it but it didn't even after hours already.

Contacted the tech support that evening, took 2 hours of troubleshooting. From reboot of modem and connection box to factory resetting the modem. Nothing worked. They said they'll just escalate the problem to NBN technician and just call me back? And they kept saying that my connection is up and running on their end. So does it usually take a day or few for the connection to be up and running or what?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: How long does it take to have your NBN connection activated?

Hi KyleJeff,

Just checking in to see whether your issues has now been resolved? Let me know. Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

KyleJeff

Its still not resolved. Talked with NBN tech support yesterday, they deduced that my new Telstra Gateway MAX 2 is faulty, even though the package came to me without a single scartch or dent.  The Replacement T-gateway will arrive after 3-5 working days. I hope that will fix the issue cuz I really need internet connection for work. My connection is a NBN Fixed Wireless type. 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for the update. You've gone through the correct channels. Hopefully the new modem will resolve this issue. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

KyleJeff

The connection kicked in already just this morning. It was super awesome!!! 25Mbps uber fast!! I was surprised that for a wireless technology, the connection is very stable. it was even raining when I used it and the speed didn't even dip. So satisfied with NBN. Smiley Happy 

MikePan
Level 1: Cadet

I've been waiting 3 days and NBN still now 'activated'....even though the NBN and Telstra technicians who came to my house to connect it all up said it would be working the same day.  Telstra has since advised it will take 24 to 48 hours to 'activate.'  Its now over 48 hours and still not activated....I'm currently on hold with Telstra again (been on the phone with Telstra over 3 hours in the last 3 days).  So dissapointing, frustrating and inconvenient.

Kirstyla8

Same thing here.
Technician app was for yesterday. All lights green except for online which is white. In the past 24 hours ive wasted nearly 3 hrs of my time on the phone with them getting told completely different information from everyone ive spoken too. Staff in stores have told us different information again. Have not had a good experience with telstra so far at all. Really disappointed. Should have stayed with iinet at least they have better customer service. Have a technician coming out tomorrow to the house apparently because its all "up and running on their end". Even though staff in store have told us the status still says provisioning smh.
Support Team
Support Team

Hey Kirstyla8, Welcome to CrowdSupport.

Just to clarify, the order will remain in a provisioning status in our systems until an active connection is detected on the service, at which point the order will shift to complete; so it is entirely possible that everything is in place for the connection at the back end, just the service connection itself needs to be finalised.

Let us know the outcome of the appointment, I'm confident that will see you connected Smiley Happy

ErinRachel

I am having the same issue, how do I get this resolved?
Justezenu

My ADSL was turned off at 7am on Monday.  The nbn was to be put on by 2pm that day.  I contacted Telstra on Monday night and they said they were having problems.  A definate Tuesday. It is almost Thursday and still no NBN.  I called Telstra again today.  They had me reseting the modem and a trying all the phone ports in our house.  I went through several differnet people trying to help.  I had to go to pick up somene at the train station, so after an hour I hung up and called back later.  I was then told it hadn't even been activated.  How long am i to wait for activation?  I am running a business from home.  This makes it very diffucult. 

Helenangel
Level 3: Gumshoe

I suppose to have NBN connected today. (Actually 5th attempt since NBN are useless) I not sure if they came n connected it to the node or not i was home all day. My internet connection had couple flutters like went offline but not all lights are on and i still using backup connection. I turned the modem off n then back on to see if itll work but same thing.. I so hope itll work this time fingers crossed there is connection to nbn tomorrow

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now