fishLuke
Level 1: Cadet

How to enable IPSec Passthrough

How do I enable IPSec Passthrough on the Telstra Gateway Max? I am having issues playing Forza Motorsport 7 online and Microsoft say that it is because IPSec Passthrough is not enabled on my router.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: How to enable IPSec Passthrough

There is no specific setting for IPSEC Passthrough but you could try port forwarding the following ports to your device.

Port Forwarding / (IPSec) 50, 21 / (500) TCP/UDP
PPTP 1723 TCP/UDP
L2TP 1701 TCP/UDP
fishLuke
Level 1: Cadet

Hey sorry to be a bit thick but which bit goes exactly in which of the following fields?

Name Protocol WAN port LAN port Destination IP

I know some of them but not all are clear.

You can use any name eg IPSEC-1, IPESEC-2 etc
The WAN Port and LAN port are the same. eg first rule would use have port 50 in WAN and LAN port.
Destination IP is the IP address of your device.

You should make the IP address of your device static so that it doesn't change every time you connect the device.

There are two Telstra Gateways called Telstra Gayway Max, one for cable C6300BD and the other is a DSL modem TG799. Which modem do you have.

If you have the TG799 there is a link to a unofficial manual for the Telstra Smart modem in this post which has a similar GUI. See section 8 and 9

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now