Anna1961
Level 1: Cadet

How to locate a Node

Answered

We are expecting nbn to be connected in the next month. We are currently 5km from the exchange and have borderline adsl with poor speeds (about 4mps). I was wondering if the new nbn nodes will be closer. Our old exchange has been replaced with an nbn cabinet, but I cant see any other ones locally. I have looked at the nbn node map but we are yellow which means the nodes can’t be located by me.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: How to locate a Node

Basically only NBN know how youll be wired up. Essentially its the luck of the draw if you'll get a good connection by being on a shorter length of cable to the node or unlucky being on a longer length
For Official Support start a Secure Chat Here, try the Online Troubleshooter or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure:
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

As a general rule, the nodes will be installed near where the Telstra pillars are (a bit harder to find if the pillars are pits).
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

Basically only NBN know how youll be wired up. Essentially its the luck of the draw if you'll get a good connection by being on a shorter length of cable to the node or unlucky being on a longer length
For Official Support start a Secure Chat Here, try the Online Troubleshooter or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure:
Accepted Solution

As a general rule, the nodes will be installed near where the Telstra pillars are (a bit harder to find if the pillars are pits).
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more