GregW
Level 12: Master Detective

How to setup a static IP on my modem?

Is there a how to guide on how to setup a Static IP Address?  I have purchased one for $10 per month but I am still getting random IP's

I have tried to get support online but they cannot help me and want to pass me onto the Telstra Platinum team and charge me a fee to help me use their product.  Which I am NOT going to do.  I pay a hefty price for my Telstra services every month and I expect what shoudl be basic support.

If Telstra charges me for a product I expect them to provide support for that product and where needed documentation in the form of a guide or similar on how to use that product.

I just want a simple how to guide, but I can't find one and they cannot link me to one.

Anyone able to help, my modem details are;

Product Vendor: Technicolor
Product Name: Technicolor DJA0230TLS
Software Version: 17.2
Firmware Version: 17.2.0406-820-RC
Hardware Version: VBNT-V

Thanks

~~ If you don't ask ~~

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: How to setup a static IP on my modem?

There are no settings in modem for setting up a static address. If Telstra has set up the static address correctly your modem should automatically get issued with a static address by the Telstra server. If you are still getting a random IP address on the modems WAN port then Telstra has not configured your static address correctly.

GregW

Thanks

Any Telstra Techs able to help me please without me having to pay for support for a product I already pay for?

~~ If you don't ask ~~

Suggest you contact Telstra support again and if they don’t fix the problem lodge a complaint. You can lodge a complaint by ringing 132200 and when asked for reason say complaint or use online form.

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/account-billing/manage-account/our-complaints-handling-p...

You should not have to pay to get this fixed. If the person you speak to can’t fix they should escalate the problem to some one who can. If you have to use platinum support fee should be refunded as the problem is due to Telstra not programming your connection properly.

GregW

Ok round 3 here we go again .....

~~ If you don't ask ~~
GregW

An update ...

After speaking with too many support people and back and forth to department to department, which was frustrating to say the least, I finally got hold of a helpful person that was helpful. He looked back at my order, looked back at my discussions and was told the info provided to me on Monday was incorrect.  The IP will be ready late Friday.  So lets wait until late Friday and see what happens.

~~ If you don't ask ~~

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now