CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
BRL
Level 2: Rookie

I don't want the NBN

Answered

Having looked at the offers being made by various companies, including Telstra, I don't want the NBN when it is deployed here in the next month or so.  My Telstra cable service gives me a better speed at a cheaper price than any of the NBN offers.

My understanding is that everyone in an area must leave the existing Telstra networks within 18 months of the NBN being established in an area. If I have not voluntarily migrated by that time, what happens?  Do I just get duckshoved onto a Telstra NBN plan???  Or do I just get left with a basic phone service and nothing else?   What is the plot to handle us recalcitrants who know a good deal when they see one and know that that is the existing Telstra Cable service?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: I don't want the NBN

If you don't transfer to NBN you want even have a basic phone service as all areas that have access to NBN except satellite NBN have there phone service supplied via NBN.

Vulcan
Level 10: Junior Detective
Accepted Solution

When nbn is available in your area you still have 18 months to keep your reliable cable service and after that you have no choice. You can either move to nbn crap or you can cancel your service. That is the only choice you have. Disgusting isn't it.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

If you don't transfer to NBN you want even have a basic phone service as all areas that have access to NBN except satellite NBN have there phone service supplied via NBN.

Vulcan
Level 10: Junior Detective
Accepted Solution

When nbn is available in your area you still have 18 months to keep your reliable cable service and after that you have no choice. You can either move to nbn crap or you can cancel your service. That is the only choice you have. Disgusting isn't it.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now