CrowdSupport®
Leah11
Level 2: Rookie

I'm overseas and need to get my home broadband password to my flatmate.

Don't have a good enough internet connect to do live chat and the mobile number associated with my account is not accessible. How do I access or reset the password?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 23: Superhero

Re: I'm overseas and need to get my home broadband password to my flatmate.

Hi there Leah, hope you're enjoying your overseas trip.

If you take a look at the following link, it's got full details of how to change your password or retrieve if you've forgotten it.

You could then SMS/Text it to your flatmate.

https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/change-your-bigpond-password

sig

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Leah11

That doesn't work as it will only allow me to enter my mobile. I don't have access to my Australian mobile number over here.
Level 23: Superhero

Leah, do you have any access to your email address? If so and you're still trying to retrieve your passwrod, you can have it sent to your email address.

If we have your contact email address, we will send an email to this address.  Click on the button in the email ‘Reset My Account password' to reset your My Account password.

Try this link: https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/my-account-forgotten-username-or-password

Another alternative is Telstra Live Chat here

sig

mod edit: corrected link for live chat

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Leah11

All I got is an email saying we've sent your password to the mobile number. I can't get onto live chat because my internet is too slow. Any other options?
Leah11

Can't see any 'Reset My Account password' button in any emails.
Leah11

Can you send this 'reset your password' email to removed to protect your privacy

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Leah11,

The button Jeff was referring to is on the link he gave. If you are having issues with that our Live Chat team can get your password reset for you

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now