CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Gilley
Level 1: Cadet

IP Adress

Answered

We've today updated the wifes computer to Windows 10 Pro. We updated from Windows 8.1 and it was set up with a static IP Adress which hasn't carried over with the update.

Does anyone know where you can set a static IP adress in win 10?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: IP Adress

Sorry I sort of left you with half the story there...

You'll want to select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)  from the box labeled "This connection uses the following items":  And then click the Properties button.

Then you'll have access and can make your changes.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4

Good evening Gilley, windows 10 has thrown up a few curved balls in different forms for different people and there computers.

If you right click the start button and choose "Run" and type
ncpa.cpl  and then hit enter
That should produce your network connections
Then you just right click the one you want to work with and choose properties.

And you can get in there to set the IP Address.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

Gilley

Thanks for that, so far so good but can you be a little more specific. When you get to the configure the network adaptor, it doesn't exactly say static IP, submask, gateway 

Accepted Solution

Sorry I sort of left you with half the story there...

You'll want to select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)  from the box labeled "This connection uses the following items":  And then click the Properties button.

Then you'll have access and can make your changes.

Signature.gif

View solution in original post

Gilley

Right well we have sorted it out now, thanks for your patience.

They have made some things easy with 10 but I still think windows 7 was a lot easier to use and find things.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now