CrowdSupport®
grrrrrrr
Level 1: Cadet

Insane data usage like every other person complaining about this problem

Out for whole day, get two emails in a row telling me i've approached and then exceeded my usage. Common sense tells me that its a serverside problem when other people are reporting the exact same issue. What options can I take that can actually help the issue? also am currently in support queue for broadband services.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Exile0nMain

Re: Insane data usage like every other person complaining about this problem

Same thing here. We seemed to have used 2TB in a 5 minute timeframe. Day 1 of the month for my plan, and my internet speed is throttled. frustrating!
DennisEdwards

Same here. Massive data usage. Used the free top-up and it still hasn't activated.
LenOval
Level 4: Private Eye

Later yesterday there was a reported issue affecting the 'shaping' or slowing down of services in NSW on cable broadband services.

Hopefully they are on their way to being resolved.

Nix

LenOval do you have a link ?

6 days in and reckons i've used 57% of my 500GB after a 255GB hit yesterday Smiley Sad 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

We’re aware that incorrect data usage volumes have affected some broadband cable customers in NSW. 

We are working quickly to fix the issue for these customers this morning.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

rickyrock28
Level 2: Rookie

How can I use 181 Gb on my bigpond cable broadband in one day!
rickyrock28
Level 2: Rookie

Who should I ring to sort this out ?
Nix

Telstra ?

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Nix, 

The cause of the usage spike for some of our cable broadband customers in NSW was identified last Friday 27th October and has been resolved.

If your service has been restricted due to this & your connection isn't restored, please contact our Tech Support teams via 133 933 or the online chat service on the following link: http://tel.st/gq6m 

Apologies for any confusion or inconvenience caused

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

druid

It isn't fully resolved as you haven't given back all the top ups that many people used to overcome the Telstra problem.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Druid. Sorry again for the usage spike.
Those in NSW, with cable broadband, who used a topup to get unshaped after the spike, and have fewer than 2 topups left for the calendar year, should get in touch with us when they've been shaped, to have an unshaping order applied without having to use one of their top ups. 

Appreciate your patience in this - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

DocA

Hi there, the issue doesn't appear to be localised to NSW only, we are in WA and we've used 256GB in one day? How does this happen when we are not even at home?

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now