Highlighted
DisturbedNS
Level 2: Rookie

Interleaving?

Quite recently got adsl connected at home yesterday and tried to switch Interleaving off, wondering how long this takes? I know it said upto 4 hours but its been over 24 now and im just curious how it works.

Thanks for any help!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Interleaving?

did you reboot your router?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
DisturbedNS

I have several times

not sure what the time frame is on changes like this happening but just keep trying every hour or so I guess, if it persists for too long perhaps something has fallen over in the process
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DisturbedNS

thanks Smiley Happy has been a while already, but fingers crossed it happens before christmas!
DisturbedNS

Question about interleaving, is it physically turned off at the exchange?

not something I have myself so can't speak from experience, the fact that it can be turned on or off remotely though would suggest there is no physical switching at the exchange so to speak

if it still hasn't happened perhaps try re-enabling and do it again
DisturbedNS

I cant seem to try again, its telling me ive changed it more then 3 times in 24 hours, when i havent changed it in 2 days, so its like locked, which is what leads me to believe that its in progress or their getting around to it

or the wheels have fallen off in the process, maybe worth calling up and see if you can get someone to look into it, I'm sure you've waited long enough already
jeffeg
Level 3: Gumshoe

@DisturbedNS wrote:

Quite recently got adsl connected at home yesterday and tried to switch Interleaving off

Do you have to phone Bigpond to turn interleaving on or off or is there a control panel somewhere to do it? I looked under My Bigpond but did not see anything. Thanks

Tyrone
Level 9: Captain

Hi Jeffeg,

Bit tricky to find but try this-

> click on your plan highlighted in blue text eg- BigPond Elite Liberty* (200GB) - ADSL 2+

> now click on the Configuration tab (should be the last of the four)

> scroll down to Line Configuration Options

> choose from Fast or Standard , then click save changes

Thats it all done , this can take up to 4 hours to change over Smiley Very Happy

-Tyrone

Always look on the bright side of life Smiley Happy and remember, kudos it!
jeffeg

Tyrone wroteSmiley Embarassed now click on the Configuration tab (should be the last of the four)

Hi Tyrone

Thanks for the info, but I don't have the fourth tab. Is this because I have moved from a wireless broadband account?

Thanks

Haunted360

Interleaving is only for ADSL. It is not supposed to be used on ADSL+2 services, but Telstra does this anyway...

It is an automated process, that the DSLAMS do, by connecting to the server.

Bigponds system is so **bleep**, that it took 2 weeks until I was able to change it back. I had to call up, and get level 2 support to FORCE it back on.

add1n1

No. interleaving is used on all types of adsl.

Except on 1500k services where by default telstra has it disabled.

Also, Telstra only allows Interleaving to be turned off on ADSL2+ services and not ADSL1 8000k since ADSL2+ has better error correction capabilities and turning it off in G.DMT[adsl1] modulation can be detrimental in too many cases.

DisturbedNS

Well it was finally done the other day, took over a week for it to be turned on the the ping difference is half, so happy with my connection now! Thankyou everyone Smiley Happy Oh and i would suggest if you do play online games that you do turn it off, the difference is noticeable for most of us out there Smiley Happy thankyou!

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now