CrowdSupport®
ozherb
Level 2: Rookie

Internet Outage in Bendigo

Bendigo Internet Outages have been an ongoing issues since moving here 4yrs ago. It has become quite a joke in our house (and town) that you could probably get a better service in some obscure almost unknown town somewhere in the world. Not forgetting the weather related reasons for the internet being down (Rain, Wind and Heat) The Internet in this country is just ridiculous and they are talking about bringing in 5G? Just a JOKE!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Internet Outage in Bendigo

Are you referring to ADSL or NBN? The currrent Mobile Broadband 4GX service is superb. Mobile services are quite separate to fixed internet.

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles "you" to be an expert at everything!!"
ozherb

NBN 🤓 even 4G drops out occasionally 🙄 utter rubbish 😑 time to move countries 🥳

Level 22: Superhuman

Every mobile in the world will occasionally drop out. You did say occasionally.

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles "you" to be an expert at everything!!"
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

@ozherb I did read a news article a while ago that said that the NBN was flat out getting people connected, with some areas that were meant to be FTTN ended up getting Wireless.

But once everyone was connected that they were going back to a number of areas and working on some of the issues you are talking about.

Not sure if Bendigo is going to be one of them being re-looked at, but if I was you I would drop a letter of to whoever is your Federal member and make him/her clear that you are not happy.

Hot pineapple donut and a cuppa.... Mmmmmm
ozherb

Yes, but I am referring to my home internet (NBN) with an occasional drop out on my 4G mobile 🤔 The NBN is of way more importance to me than Mobile 😑

ozherb

Thank you Ozmoz, I might do that on my way out of Bendigo 🤓

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now