CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Najee
Level 2: Rookie

Internet connected but not working

Answered
Hi guys,
This is a strange one and I’m just not getting anywhere with support over the phone.

A quick break down. We’re in a “smart community” with a velocity connection and for some reason the issue seems to be that most sites or connections aren’t working. Sometimes we’re able to get a speed test to function with normal speeds but 90% of the time I can barely get enough speed to load a webpage.

I have a networking background and from what I can see is it seems to just constantly time out no matter what the server or site is. At most times it’s even very hard to access the router/ modem via IP. I have had the router show at times there is an issue with the connection but refresh the page and it shows fine. There is a lot of DNS error logs on the router if that makes a difference.

Weirdly enough. If I VPN into my office and then try it works fine at perfect speeds. It just seems that when we’re using the internet here without a VPN we can’t get anything.

Any notes or fixes would be great!
Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Internet connected but not working

If you're having difficulty accessing the modem as well i'd lean towards it being a modem fault.

If you've tried factory resetting the modem and its still occurring i'd say it may need to be replaced
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: Internet connected but not working

If you're having difficulty accessing the modem as well i'd lean towards it being a modem fault.

If you've tried factory resetting the modem and its still occurring i'd say it may need to be replaced
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now