Najee
Level 2: Rookie

Internet connected but not working

Answered
Hi guys,
This is a strange one and I’m just not getting anywhere with support over the phone.

A quick break down. We’re in a “smart community” with a velocity connection and for some reason the issue seems to be that most sites or connections aren’t working. Sometimes we’re able to get a speed test to function with normal speeds but 90% of the time I can barely get enough speed to load a webpage.

I have a networking background and from what I can see is it seems to just constantly time out no matter what the server or site is. At most times it’s even very hard to access the router/ modem via IP. I have had the router show at times there is an issue with the connection but refresh the page and it shows fine. There is a lot of DNS error logs on the router if that makes a difference.

Weirdly enough. If I VPN into my office and then try it works fine at perfect speeds. It just seems that when we’re using the internet here without a VPN we can’t get anything.

Any notes or fixes would be great!
Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Internet connected but not working

If you're having difficulty accessing the modem as well i'd lean towards it being a modem fault.

If you've tried factory resetting the modem and its still occurring i'd say it may need to be replaced
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: Internet connected but not working

If you're having difficulty accessing the modem as well i'd lean towards it being a modem fault.

If you've tried factory resetting the modem and its still occurring i'd say it may need to be replaced
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now