Encore
Level 4: Private Eye

Internet connection / TVB Anywhere

Answered

Hi,

I have subscribed to TVB Anywhere from July 2018 which able to live stream but since there was an outage on 21 ?8/2018 where I can't connect it to TVB Anywhere and unable to watch the programs.

I sent TVB Anywhere STB back to the retail shop and confirm it is working when it is plug into the internet there but it won't work when connected to my home internet. TVB Tech suggest me to use mobile hot spot and it is working .

Therefore I plead Telstra to help me to resolve this internet cable connection issues.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Encore
Accepted Solution

Re: Internet connection / TVB Anywhere

It works on my mobile hot spot please see attached photos.TVB STB using mobile hot spot 1.JPGUsing mobile hot spotTVB STB using mobile hot spot 2.JPGMobile hot spot detailsTVB STB using mobile hot spot 3.JPGIt works !!!!

Encore
Accepted Solution

Cable modem dhcp renewal.jpg18th Sept 2018 - Something happened in Telstra Cable networks and TVB STB is back to normal

Encore
Accepted Solution

From my router event logs I can see something had happened on Tuesday (18/9/2018) afternoon around 3:00 pm . This changes could only be carried out by Telstra.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
22 REPLIES 22
Level 25: The Singularity

It might pay to call the TVB Anywhere Customer service as the instructions for the box on their website aren't in English, so it makes it difficult to offer assistance.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Encore

TVB STB used to worked prior to 21 Aug 2018 as I have started to use this device since early July 2018.

Since the outages happened in 21st Aug 2018 where I didn't able to surf internet at night for 2 days with multiple drop outs and slow speeds where can't even receive emails .

Have confirmed TVB set top box is working by using mobile hot spots ( Vodafone) but not working using Telstra cable connection (tried both Fixed and Wireless) .

Suspect Telstra has blocked the connection from my modem router to TVB servers. Talked to Telstra 132200 without any success.

Any suggestions ?
Level 22: Superhuman

You could try a factory reset of the Telstra Modem.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Encore

Done that and the problem still persist, even factory reset TVB STB also but no luck.

Have Telstra to look into this issues....

Encore

To double check your internet service is Telstra Cable?
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Yes, I know where the site is, but all the Technical Support information (which appear to be videos, couldn't find a manual) are in Chinese.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Encore

Yes it is Telstra Naked Cable Broadband.
I have tried all methods :-
1. Restore factory settings in Modem and TVB Set top box
2. Use wireless and fixed connection in Telstra Cable Internet connection
3. Replaced TVB Set Top Box
4. Replaced ethernet cables and ports in modem router
5. Power on-off several times
The problem still the same...

Telstra , please help !!!!

Is there anywhere in the settings of the TVB Box that you can change the DNS settings?
Encore

Netgear CG3100-2a.JPGNetgear CG3100-2b.JPG

That's your modem, you need to get into the settings of the TVB Box and see if there is anywhere to change the DNS settings for that.
Encore

IMG_20180825_103530.jpgIMG_20180827_185326.jpg

Encore

There is no DNS settings allowed in TVB Set Top Box
Encore
Accepted Solution

It works on my mobile hot spot please see attached photos.TVB STB using mobile hot spot 1.JPGUsing mobile hot spotTVB STB using mobile hot spot 2.JPGMobile hot spot detailsTVB STB using mobile hot spot 3.JPGIt works !!!!

Highlighted
Encore

Is it Primary or Secondary DNS settings in STB? I can change the DNS settings in Static IP mode, let me know what is the DNS IP address , Telstra cable internet connection still not working on TVB Anywhere. Please advise ....

Try 8.8.8.8 for the primary address and your router's address (192.168.0.1) for the secondary.
Encore

IMG_20180901_141534.jpgUpdated DNS settings as you saidIMG_20180901_142314.jpgThis is what it looks like for 5 minutes still not workingWhat is next ?

Without being able to access a TVB box to see where the data is trying to go I'm at a bit of a loss to be able to suggest anything else to try.
Encore

I have confirmed TVB is working with this ISP : https://www.netbay.com.au/cable.html therefore believe it is Telstra has blocked my cable broadband internet connection to access to a series of TVB domain name. Can you check on your end ?

https://www.zdnet.com/article/chinese-media-giants-hit-snag-with-piracy-block/
Encore
Accepted Solution

Cable modem dhcp renewal.jpg18th Sept 2018 - Something happened in Telstra Cable networks and TVB STB is back to normal

Encore
Accepted Solution

From my router event logs I can see something had happened on Tuesday (18/9/2018) afternoon around 3:00 pm . This changes could only be carried out by Telstra.
Yeok
Level 2: Rookie

Hi Encore,

Could you please tell us how to resolve the issue?
We had internet with Vividwireless before and no issue at all.
Now we are with Telstra and the TVB livestream box is not working at all.
Read the responses on this page and contacted Telstra.
The person doesn't know how to resolve neither understand the issue.
Just keep telling me to contact TVB to resolve.

We tried using our mobile phones for internet connection and it's worked.
Much appreciated if you could reply with details.
Nowadays, Telstra staff is not helpful at all.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now