Venkat_V
Level 1: Cadet

Internet connection order

I placed on order for internet connection and i was given an order (1-2121460121001) number to track. After a week, that order was cancelled for no reason. I called up Telstra and they raised a fresh order (1-2129216769669) which is in progress since the day it was launched. I am having to call Telstra every day for an update and no one ever gave me a credible update. No two people gives same response. No one knows why it is held up and when will it be sorted out. In the meantime, Telstra sent me a bill incorrectly for $295. When i called to complain about it, they waived it off. Some people say i am going to get ADSL connection and some say i am going to get cable connection. One day i got a notification that a technician appointment is booked and i needed to be home. I took leave and stayed at home, but no one turned up. When i called customer service, they simply said they don’t know. I called the agent this morning for an update, she said i will have to wait for the technical team to contact me. Such a pathetic customer service i never witnessed in my life. I thought Telstra is better than this.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Internet connection order

Hi @Venkat_V

Thanks for reaching out and I'm really sorry to hear of the troubles you're having connecting your service, it's not the experience we wish to provide and I can appreciate the frustration. Did they advise when you would receive a call? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

OzyGuy
Level 6: Bloodhound

Re: Internet connection order

Sounds a bit like what happened to me 18 months ago.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Home-Broadband/The-nightmare-of-trying-to-connect-to-Bigpond-...

Is your area ready for NBN or approaching readiness?

That's usually the issue with orders getting cancelled for no apparent reason.

from a land DOWN UNDER

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now