CrowdSupport®
Kath34
Level 1: Cadet

Internet connection

Every time after there’s decent rain, I get dodgy/no internet connection at my home. Every time I’m on the phone with Telstra for at least 90minutes to see if the “problem” is from within my home. Every time I the need to wait up to 2-3 weeks for a technician to attend on a Saturday (because, oddly enough, I work full time and can’t be home when they’re available during the week) for them to spend an hour or so checking my place out then going outside to check their lines. Every time, it’s not my place that’s the problem, but it’s the ancient outside Telstra lines that get wet in the rain and need repair. This is now the 4th time in less than a year that this as occurred. Enough is enough Telstra. This is not the service I signed up for or am happy with. There’s no mention of the NBN services yet to my area. How about you fix the problem properly rather than popping a crappy bandaid on it? Ready to leave Telstra and find a better telco.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Internet connection

Changing Telco in your case will not change anything as it will still be the same copper wires that you are relying on, so it will still fail when you get heavy rain.

Your best chance of getting it repaired properly is to lodge a formal complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Kath34
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Internet connection

Thanks Jupiter

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now