CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
maddcoop
Level 2: Rookie

Internet constantly dropping out

Answered

My internet is constantly dropping out, notice this mostly when streaming (you tube/movies) but also causes issues when gaming. 

We are on adsl2 and have a TG797n.  We do not use the telstra splitters as we have a adsl splitter installed on the main phone line.

Really frustrating!  potential solutions??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Internet constantly dropping out

Hey Maddcoop,

Ideally, the line profile best suited for Gaming/streaming would be 'fast', however if you are experiencing drops you may need to look at 'Noise Profile 1' or Noise Profile 2'

Luckily, line profiles aren't permanent, so feel free to trial them! If you don't like one you can always change it back, or to another Smiley Happy (just FYI, you can only change 3 times in a 24 hr time period)

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 21: Augmented

Hi maddcoop,

Can you elaborate what you mean by your filter/splitter setup?
Lathania

not really, just reno the house and had fully rewired inc telephone line.  The incoming telstra cable from street has a adsl splitter where the box usually is then a direct line to inside port to the modem, then we use wireless or data points throug out the house.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi maddcoop,

Sounds like you have a central filter and smart wiring. 

Have you tried adding a line profile to see if this stabilises your service?

This link will give you more information on line profiles: https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/adsl-line-profiles 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

maddcoop
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks Shelly, sorry just got back to reading this.  What profile would best suit gaming and streaming?

@Shelly_Telstra wrote:

Hi maddcoop,

Sounds like you have a central filter and smart wiring. 

Have you tried adding a line profile to see if this stabilises your service?

This link will give you more information on line profiles: https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/adsl-line-profiles 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hey Maddcoop,

Ideally, the line profile best suited for Gaming/streaming would be 'fast', however if you are experiencing drops you may need to look at 'Noise Profile 1' or Noise Profile 2'

Luckily, line profiles aren't permanent, so feel free to trial them! If you don't like one you can always change it back, or to another Smiley Happy (just FYI, you can only change 3 times in a 24 hr time period)

Brodie

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now