CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Internet down in Pymble 45 mins on hold for call centre gave up. Is there an outage?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Internet down in Pymble 45 mins on hold for call centre gave up. Is there an outage?

I believe so.  Also affecting Killara.  Power/DS/US solid green, WAN flashing green.  Waiting for DHCP response.  Started at 03:56.  I've been waiting on for 70 mins so far...

Highlighted
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Re: Internet down in Pymble 45 mins on hold for call centre gave up. Is there an outage?

Try checking https://servicestatus.telstra.com/ 

Also try livechat they're usually pretty good & quicker queues

Highlighted

If anyone at Telstra is looking...  My bet is this is related to the outage we were advised about on Tuesday.  CMTS changes in readiness for nbn.  Can we log this as an outage so people can stop loading up your call centre?

Highlighted

Where has the live chat button gone? I couldn't find it any more.

Highlighted
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

https://www.telstra.com.au/contact-us/technical-support/internet#lp:2way

Just click chat now you will speak to a bot 1st that will assist you in getting to the right department

Highlighted

Super - thanks @MarethyuAS

Highlighted

I have a chat session waiting in queue (after giving up after 90 mins on hold on phone), but this info message was posted:

Info
 - 9:22
We're currently investigating a potential Cable outage, there might be some things we cannot help you with immediately and we expect the wait times for an agent to be significant. You may like to manage your services online here.
Highlighted

(from live chat) Info - 9:36
We're currently investigating a potential Cable outage, there might be some things we cannot help you with immediately and we expect the wait times for an agent to be significant. You may like to manage your services online here.

Alternatively, if you wish to continue, we thank you for your patience and we'll be with you as soon as we can

Highlighted

@sighmanwhere are you?  Vicinity of Pymble?  Were you also notified of scheduled outage on Tuesday?

Highlighted

No. Dee Why. No notification of anything.

Highlighted

New theory is there was a software change overnight.  I've now seen reports from Middle Cove, Pymble, Killara, Dee Why and one other location yet to be confirmed.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit