CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
ozzi55
Level 1: Cadet

Internet drops out !!

Answered

We have had issues with our internet dropping out on a daily basis. At first it dropped out on my sons PC whenever there was a phone call. He changed the modem chanel on the technical gateway but that did not work. Our Internet, Ethernet and Wireless lights on the modem are constantly flickering. How many devices can we have connected to this Modem (Technicolor TG587N v3)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
chrodo
Level 7: Deputy Inspector
Accepted Solution

Re: Internet drops out !!

The first thing I would do is check your line spliters to see if there instaled correctly.

And do you have a line splitter for each phone installed and are they all pluged into the correct plugs , I would cheak this first becouse if they were set up right you phone should not interupt your internet conection , but if you phone is pluged into the wrong splitter connection your phone will use the wires of your internet wich will knock you off line.

If there all set up the same I would try replacing them and see if that fix's the problem , if this dose not fix it try tech support and get them to run a line test to see if there is a problem there.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
chrodo
Level 7: Deputy Inspector
Accepted Solution

The first thing I would do is check your line spliters to see if there instaled correctly.

And do you have a line splitter for each phone installed and are they all pluged into the correct plugs , I would cheak this first becouse if they were set up right you phone should not interupt your internet conection , but if you phone is pluged into the wrong splitter connection your phone will use the wires of your internet wich will knock you off line.

If there all set up the same I would try replacing them and see if that fix's the problem , if this dose not fix it try tech support and get them to run a line test to see if there is a problem there.

View solution in original post

jimbob49
Level 2: Rookie

My Internet continues todrop out at any time during a 24 hr period.

This has been an on going problem since january when I installed a new TG587 moden.

I have received visits from two Techs and Monthly fixess from the Bigpond Team.

Guess what it is still doing the same

THAT IS DROPPING OUT

jimbob49

I donot have any fixed lines .

I have replaced the splitter.

Can some one hack your router?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi jimbob49,

Your best bet would be to chat with Bigpond Tech Support on 133933 re your modem configurations and change your password to ensure your modem is secure.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Mickdropouts

I am in the NSW Southern Highlands using Wireless Broadband. I always expect a loss of service quality during School Holidays, but this is ridiculous!  Drop outs, very low connectivity performance etc etc

It may not just be Telstra, where can I find Internet Node performance and current problems?

Grrrrrrrr....and we pay good money for a very poor QoS a lot of the time...

I feel like going over to Airstream!!!!!!  Mick

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Mickdropouts,

That's not good to hear, NSW Southern Highlands is quite a large area, So I can assist further are you able to provide a suburb and postcode so I can check the area for any issues?

Do you experience issues on other locations?

- Steve J

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

bobbydazzleryou

We'll be following you at this rate!!!
dianne5daughers
Level 1: Cadet

same here

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Dianne5daughters,

This is something you would be best to raise with our 24x7 Technical Support team, either by calling 133933 or via Live Chat  http://tel.st/gq6m

Kind Regards

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now