Highlighted
ConfusionReigns
Level 1: Cadet

Internet keeps dropping out - NBN

Answered

I live in the Lockyer Valley, Queensland and my internet keeps dropping out. It will drop-out then reconnect then drop-out. It's frustrating when watching a movie and VERY frustrating when playing on-line games. Is there anything I can do to stop this or is this just the new normal?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Internet keeps dropping out - NBN

Its not the new normal for your internet to drop out. I have had NBN FTTN for over a year and have only noticed one drop out which lasted less than an a hour and was due to maintenance at the Node causing a power supply to trip.

If you have a FTTN or FTTB the drops could be due to faulty house wiring or a street cable fault resulting in a intermittent fault. These would be indicated by link light on gateway turning blue. Check that you don't have anything plugged into spare phone sockets and try a different phone socket. Connect gateway directly to phone socket without using a filter.

Have you reported the drops to Telstra support.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES
Accepted Solution

Its not the new normal for your internet to drop out. I have had NBN FTTN for over a year and have only noticed one drop out which lasted less than an a hour and was due to maintenance at the Node causing a power supply to trip.

If you have a FTTN or FTTB the drops could be due to faulty house wiring or a street cable fault resulting in a intermittent fault. These would be indicated by link light on gateway turning blue. Check that you don't have anything plugged into spare phone sockets and try a different phone socket. Connect gateway directly to phone socket without using a filter.

Have you reported the drops to Telstra support.

ConfusionReigns
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you cf4
I have not contacted Telstra support yet. I thought I would try to find out some information first and maybe learn something on the way.
I will contact Telstra Support now to see what they can teach me (I'm an old dog trying to learn new tricks!).

I appreciate your reply and hope you have a nice weekend.

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more