CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
ConfusionReigns
Level 1: Cadet

Internet keeps dropping out - NBN

Answered

I live in the Lockyer Valley, Queensland and my internet keeps dropping out. It will drop-out then reconnect then drop-out. It's frustrating when watching a movie and VERY frustrating when playing on-line games. Is there anything I can do to stop this or is this just the new normal?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Internet keeps dropping out - NBN

Its not the new normal for your internet to drop out. I have had NBN FTTN for over a year and have only noticed one drop out which lasted less than an a hour and was due to maintenance at the Node causing a power supply to trip.

If you have a FTTN or FTTB the drops could be due to faulty house wiring or a street cable fault resulting in a intermittent fault. These would be indicated by link light on gateway turning blue. Check that you don't have anything plugged into spare phone sockets and try a different phone socket. Connect gateway directly to phone socket without using a filter.

Have you reported the drops to Telstra support.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

Its not the new normal for your internet to drop out. I have had NBN FTTN for over a year and have only noticed one drop out which lasted less than an a hour and was due to maintenance at the Node causing a power supply to trip.

If you have a FTTN or FTTB the drops could be due to faulty house wiring or a street cable fault resulting in a intermittent fault. These would be indicated by link light on gateway turning blue. Check that you don't have anything plugged into spare phone sockets and try a different phone socket. Connect gateway directly to phone socket without using a filter.

Have you reported the drops to Telstra support.

View solution in original post

ConfusionReigns
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you cf4
I have not contacted Telstra support yet. I thought I would try to find out some information first and maybe learn something on the way.
I will contact Telstra Support now to see what they can teach me (I'm an old dog trying to learn new tricks!).

I appreciate your reply and hope you have a nice weekend.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now