CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Dman
Level 1: Cadet

Internet keeps dropping out - NBN

Answered

I've had the new nbn service for 1 month, however I'm avg 12 online/DSL drop outs a day, where the DSL cuts over to 4G. This is getting very annoying where any online work, content streaming or online gaming is interrupted for 5 minutes each time while the modem cuts over from DSL to 4G and then 4G to DSL. Speaking to customer support his response was that my DSL cable (the one supplied with the smart modem V2) is too long. Though it is only 2 metres long he said I should go out to buy another one.

Is this what we've come to? providing equipment and services to customers that don't work and then tell them to go out and buy new equipment because Telstra's provided one is not fit for service.

PS is anyone else have constant drop outs in the south eastern suburbs of Melbourne?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Internet keeps dropping out - NBN

A long cable is more likely to cause a slight reduction in speed. Only a faulty cable would cause drop outs. The drop outs are either due to a house wiring fault or a fault in the street cabling. Ring support again and if given the same answer lodge a complaint. You can lodge a complaint online or by ringing 132200 and when asked reason for call say complaint.

12 drop outs a day is well over the NBN guarantee of a maximum of 6 so a tech should be sent to investigate. 

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: Internet keeps dropping out - NBN

A long cable is more likely to cause a slight reduction in speed. Only a faulty cable would cause drop outs. The drop outs are either due to a house wiring fault or a fault in the street cabling. Ring support again and if given the same answer lodge a complaint. You can lodge a complaint online or by ringing 132200 and when asked reason for call say complaint.

12 drop outs a day is well over the NBN guarantee of a maximum of 6 so a tech should be sent to investigate. 

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now