CrowdSupport®
Sharyn56
Level 2: Rookie

Internet not working on DVD’s

I have a DVD recorder and a normal DVD neither will connect to the internet. I have tried different HDMI cables but that didn’t work. The PS4 works on the internet and so does the television. Just not the DVD’s that were working previously 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES 13
Sharyn56

DVD internet not connecting to internet

I have a DVD recorder and a normal DVD neither will connect to the internet. I have tried different HDMI cables but that didn’t work. The PS4 works on the internet and so does the television. Just not the DVD’s that we’re working previously 

Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Internet not working on DVD’s

Do you mean you have tried different LAN cables?

The problem might be caused by the DVD players being set up with a static IP that is not within the range of the modem. Try factory reseting the DVD players.

Sharyn56

I can’t get into the DVD recorder to do anything as it needs the internet to work apparently. The other, I did a factory reset but it didn’t help. They were both working fine until about 2 weeks ago

Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

What brand & model are they? You won't require an internet connection to get in to the settings, otherwise you would never have been able to set them up in the first place.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Are the DVDs connected to the same TV as the PS4. Have you tried disconnecting the PS4 from the TV and plugging one of the DVDs into the same HDMI port.

Sharyn56

The normal DVD is an LG and the recorder is a Panasonic. I can play DVD’s on the normal one but nothing else. On the Panasonic I just get ‘no internet connection’ and it won’t let me do anything else. Not eve play a DVD 

Sharyn56

Yes, tried not so much disconnecting the ps4 but using its HDMI cable and no change.

Is the problem that when you connect the DVD to the TV there is a message on the TV screen that no signal is detected and the rest of the TV screen is blank.

I have marked my original post as not the answer.

Sharyn56

Yes, that message comes up and then the 'floating LG' sign (screensaver I think) just comes on. I then have to switch to antenna to watch the television. 

Is the power light on the DVD player on? What make and model is DVD player?

Sharyn56

Yes. It's a Panasonic Recorder DMR-PWT560 and is around 2 years old. Thanks for trying to help

If you connect the DVD player up to the TV using the DVD player's composite output (TV via composite Red (Audio) White (Audio) and Yellow (Video) RCA cable) do you get a picture displayed on TV?

Sharyn56

the recorder doesn't have provision for those cables on it. I think I will give up and just let a technician look at it. Sorry, something else a little distressing has come up and I need to just gather my self together.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit