CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
CO1
Level 1: Cadet

Internet outage in St Ives NSW.

I was using the internet around 0815 this morning and noted that there was no internet connection. I opened the Telstra Outages page and entered my address and the response was no outages noted for your address.

I continued with the Telstra Broadband Assist web page and logged in using my Telstra ID and started the automated fault finding process that was initiated by me selecting “no connection” as diagnosis option. Upon completion of this automated process that took about 60 seconds The only result was “there appears to be an outage in your area”. This contradicts the initial check for address. The next option was selected and the page showed possible reasons for my internet outage:

1. An issue in the nbn™ network. Customers may experience difficulties using their Cable internet service, including broadband and FOXTEL. Start: 2:58 AM 18/09/2019 Estimated time services will be restored: N/A

2. Customers may experience difficulties using their Cable internet service, including broadband and FOXTEL. Technicians are working to restore the fault as soon as possible. Start: 10:47 AM 18/09/2019 Estimated time services will be restored: 1:30 PM 18/09/2019

3. An issue in the nbn™ network. Customers may experience difficulties using their Cable internet service, including broadband and FOXTEL. Start: 2:47 AM 18/09/2019 Estimated time services will be restored: N/A

4. Customers may experience difficulties using their Cable internet service, including broadband and FOXTEL. Start: 8:18 AM 18/09/2019 Estimated time services will be restored: 3:30 PM 18/09/2019

5. An issue in the nbn™ network. Customers may experience difficulties using their Cable internet service, including broadband and FOXTEL. Start: 3:04 AM 18/09/2019 Estimated time services will be restored: N/A 6. Customers may experience difficulties using their Cable internet service, including broadband and FOXTEL. Start: 1:30 AM 18/09/2019 Estimated time services will be restored: 3:30 PM 18/09/2019

Now which one is applicable to me? Must be 4. as it started about the time I lost my internet connection. My question is why didn’t the initial outage check not that my home internet wasn’t working. Also, it’s now past 3:30pm and still no internet connection and the outage time on the outages report that has just completed hasn’t been updated past 3:30pm as it is now 3:45pm. I’m not the only person in the area with this problem?

Is this the new nbn network management system operating at it’s best?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
zook
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Internet outage in St Ives NSW.

Exact same issue for myself too (in St Ives). The outages page is a waste of time as it regularly shows no outage when there is. I had an outage for nearly 3 weeks (together with lots of my neighbours) and went through hell before getting a resolution, after being mislead on a daily basis by Telstra. The ONLY thing that got anything resolved was lodging a complaint with the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman. The outage was due to flooding of a local pit in which Telstra equipment got damaged (after heavy rains), which is exactly what I had tried to explain to Telstra may be the cause (despite bing told that wasnt the issue). Given the rain we have had yesterday and today, it wouldnt surpirise me if it was a similar issue. My prior experience with Telstra does not provide me ewith any confidence that the issue will be resolved rapidly.

Support Team
Support Team

Re: Internet outage in St Ives NSW.

Hi zook,  I am so very sorry to hear that you feel this way. I can assure you that we would be working to resolve any issues as quickly as possible and we would be hoping that the same thing does not occur again in the current weather situation.

Please let us know if you experience any difficulty over the next few days. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now