CrowdSupport®
Annie444
Level 2: Rookie

Internet

I had to reset my laptop. It stopped working. Now I can't connect to the internet. WIFI is on. Can someone help me out?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Internet

Is the modem's WiFi SSID listed as one of the available WiFi networks on the Laptop.

What modem do you have? Is it the DJA0231? There is a label on the base of the modem with model number printed on.

Do you know if your laptop supports both the 2.4 GHz and the 5 GHz WiFi bands or does the laptop only support the 2.4 GHz band.

Annie444

Hello cf4. It is now working. But trying to add my bigpond email but it doesnt recognise bigpond. Weird huh?

Level 21: Augmented

@Annie444 wrote:

Hello cf4. It is now working. But trying to add my bigpond email but it doesnt recognise bigpond. Weird huh?

@Annie444 What email client/program are you using to add the Bigpond account to (Outlook)?

Hot pineapple donut and a cuppa.... Mmmmmm
Annie444

I just opened the mail icon and typed in the address. Im guessing that was wrong.

The link below has instructions for setting up Telstra email using Windows 10 built in email app as a client.

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/set-up/set-up-telstra-email-on-windows-mail-10

Highlighted
Annie444

I did the first part of your instructions. The second part, I could not find the advanced settings!! Looked through everything.  I have email on my phone though. Do I need to sync?

Thanks 

If email has been set up correctly it should sync automatically. Here are some images showing how to set up Windows 10 mail.

Telstra_Mail_Windows_10.jpgTelstra_Mail_Windows_10_2.jpgTelstra_Mail_Windows_10_3.jpg

Images below show how to check server settings.

Telstra_Mail_Windows_10_Settings.jpgTelstra_Mail_Windows_10_Settings_2.jpgTelstra_Mail_Windows_10_Settings_3.jpgTelstra_Mail_Windows_10_Settings_4.jpg

Annie444

Thanks very much for your directions. A message at the top of the screen says "we couldnt access this account Bigpond. You might need to update your password or give the account permission to sync to this device"

Dont know what to do

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Annie444

If you'd ever need assistance with your Telstra email or would like us to investigate an issue with it, please chat with us securely online here 

Please choose "Entertainment & Apps" & then "Email" from the drop-down options. 

If everything is ok on our end, I'd recommend speaking with our Telstra Platinum  team.

They're available to help with devices, home tech & software. Please be aware that there's a cost involved for it however we’ll only charge you if we fix it. You can find more information about this service here 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

@Annie444 wrote:

Thanks very much for your directions. A message at the top of the screen says "we couldnt access this account Bigpond. You might need to update your password or give the account permission to sync to this device"

Dont know what to do

@Annie444 When it says that error it is usually a setting wrong somewhere. Including the password (Which is case sensitive).

Re-Check everything that @cf4 has posted in that helpful step-by-step post :-)

Hot pineapple donut and a cuppa.... Mmmmmm

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now