CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
MikeH22
Level 1: Cadet

Is My Router NBN Compatible with my Telstra FTN

Answered

Hi Guys,

I have Telstra NBN Fibre To Node FTN and have had it setup for about 6 months and love it so far but want to have better wifi coverage, speed bandwith and ablilty to connect to more devices at high speed similtaniuosly.

I have recently purchased Netgear R9000 Nighthawk X10 AD7200 as it fixes all the issues i want but i cannot get the new router to show connection to the interent even after puting in the same connection "username and password" as the previous tesltra provided router.

I have overwritten the *** details in the Telstra router with the username and password for my account and it still works but i cannot get it to work on the new router.

It appears as if the telephone cable is not showing up as connected and i though maybe the router is non compatable and was just not seeing the internet connection ??

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Is My Router NBN Compatible with my Telstra FTN

It's my understanding that the R9000 is a router, not a modem. So it won't work in place of a VDSL modem on FTTN.

You'd need to bridge your existing modem and connect up the Nighthawk through that.

If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Telstra NBN connections don't require user name and password.

In internet options

If there is DHCP option  select that option

If ther is No username or Password select that option

If there is a IPOE option select that option.

It there is a static dynamic Ip address option select dynamic

These settings asume using Telstra gateway as VDSL modem either bridged or standard settings. LAN port of Telstra Gateway connected to WAN port of .Netgear R9000 Nighthawk X10 AD7200

Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

It's my understanding that the R9000 is a router, not a modem. So it won't work in place of a VDSL modem on FTTN.

You'd need to bridge your existing modem and connect up the Nighthawk through that.

If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now