CrowdSupport®
TheJMan
Level 3: Gumshoe

Is it possible to get Static IP on a non-business Broadband (nbn) connection?

Answered

There are some non-minnow ISPs out there with very competitive prices including Static IP. Does telstra haggle?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Is it possible to get Static IP on a non-business Broadband (nbn) connection?

It is possible to get a static IP address on a non business Telstra NBN connection for an extra $10 per month.

Telstra does not haggle.

Instead of using a static IP address have you ever considered using a free dynamic DNS service such as NOIP.

Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: Is it possible to get Static IP on a non-business Broadband (nbn) connection?

@TheJMan wrote:

There are some non-minnow ISPs out there with very competitive prices including Static IP. Does telstra haggle?

@TheJMan Just to add a bit further than what @cf4 has mentioned.

The only times I have know Telstra to haggle, or at least get a better deal, is to call 13 22 00 between 8am and 9pm AEST and say "disconnections" when prompted. That puts you through to the nice Telstra people in Adelaide.

Hot pineapple donut and a cuppa.... Mmmmmm

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Accepted Solution

It is possible to get a static IP address on a non business Telstra NBN connection for an extra $10 per month.

Telstra does not haggle.

Instead of using a static IP address have you ever considered using a free dynamic DNS service such as NOIP.

Accepted Solution

@TheJMan wrote:

@TheJMan Just to add a bit further than what @cf4 has mentioned.

The only times I have know Telstra to haggle, or at least get a better deal, is to call 13 22 00 between 8am and 9pm AEST and say "disconnections" when prompted. That puts you through to the nice Telstra people in Adelaide.

TheJMan

Already using a NIOP like Dynamic DNS (changeip.net)

I'm NOT using Telstra/Technicolor gear as a router. I have my own setup behind a Technicolor in bridge mode.

I'm just thinking static IP would be easier to maintain - especially IPv6

TheJMan

Thanks for the replies ... and a big shout out to whoever marked my valid question as SPAM. I hope to help you soon

It would have been nice if the search for STATIC IP returned NBN related posts but it didn't so I asked.

@TheJMan wrote:

Thanks for the replies ... and a big shout out to whoever marked my valid question as SPAM. I hope to help you soon

It would have been nice if the search for STATIC IP returned NBN related posts but it didn't so I asked.

@TheJMan I can't see anything about your post being marked as SPAM, but maybe I don't have the higher enough privileges. But in saying that, everyone has the right to post what they want provided it falls in with the excepted user post policy.

Nothing wrong with your post at all, and always feel to ask any questions you want, we appreciate you popping by :-)

I also know my outlook at times will mark some messages as SPAM until I accept the source of the posts.

Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

@Ozmoz as far as I'm aware, there is no SPAM flag in Crowdsupport.

You can report inappropriate content, but that's as close as it gets.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
TheJMan

Odd - because when I opened up the post to see the replies there was a big red banner saying it was marked as spam.

Oh well

Probably some IT flunky messed something up as they always do

@TheJMan wrote:

Odd - because when I opened up the post to see the replies there was a big red banner saying it was marked as spam.

Oh well

@TheJMan I've never seen a message on Crowd Support flagged as spam.

Are you able to post a screen shot of the banner?

Highlighted
TheJMan

@Ozmoz wrote:

@TheJMan wrote:

Oh well

@TheJMan I've never seen a message on Crowd Support flagged as spam.

Are you able to post a screen shot of the banner?

NO it went away

No big deal

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now