CrowdSupport®
An_irish_potato
Level 1: Cadet

Is this normal?

Hi there, i recently joined with telstra and am receiving download speeds of 45kb/s. Is this normal? I am using adsl2+.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Re: Is this normal?

@An_irish_potato wrote:

Hi there, i recently joined with telstra and am receiving download speeds of 45kb/s. Is this normal? I am using adsl2+.

Welcome to CrowdSupport.

It doesn't sound right, however there are a few things we can test. Can you first check the phone line and ensure there is no static or line issues. If there is noise, remove all devices but the phone and see if its still there.

If so, Call Telstra on 13 22 03 and report a noise fault, or report it Online

If not, and there is noise, then ensure that you have a Filter for all your connected devices. This includes anything that needs to use any phone point. If you use seperate phone points, you will need a filter on each. If you get to more then 4 devices, then you will need a professionally installed Central Splitter.

If there is no noise, can you provide us with the stats from your modem. If you don't know how to do this, then post the Modem Model Number and we can help.

On a seperate topic, feel free to stick around and ask or offer any advice or help you think would be good to share. CrowdSupport is what you make it Smiley Happy

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Level 21: Augmented

Re: Is this normal?

If you have a Telstra Technicolor modem you can find out how to retrieve statistics via http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware/Technicolor-TG582n-TG587nV3/m-p/65442

/end shameless plug

Lathania

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now