HFarid
Level 2: Rookie

Issue with accessing web pages - timing out on connection - In NSW The Ponds , NBN connection

Hi,

I contacted Telstra Support but did not get anything more than layer 1 and lights checking. If anyone from NBN team is looking at this page, please review INC05043227. This does not seem to be a problem with any of the networking equipment at home, including the Wireless Access point or Telstra NBN Box. Please escalate the problem to the networking team as it can be a widespread issue.

I am living in NSW-The Ponds area.

I have got 100/40 FTTP NBN connection at home but not using the NBN/Telstra provided Wireless Access Point since the beginning and did not have any problem with my setup. Since 2-3 days ago, I am having constant problems accessing different Web pages on the internet, even with Telstra's website. This seems to be a possible routing / Proxy / IPS/ etc.... issue happened after a change on NBN Network. Everything was working fine till 2-3 days ago. It doesn't matter what website I try to reach. Most of the pages require a second click to open and get to the landing page and sometimes the request gets timed out. Many of the pages that require a login ( e.g yahoo mail., fortnite, etc.... ) won't pass the authentication page after entering the credentials and show a network / Proxy problem.some will be successful after a couple of times trying. This is happening to all the devices connected to the wireless router or wired connectin at home. I have tried isolating the issue and directly connecting a couple of devices to the NBN Fiber box but still, the issue is there.

I have also tested the up/down speed when the issue happens and the numbers shown are normal. It looks the problem is somewhere with routing after the Telstra's Exchange. I changed the DNS to 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4 it is getting a bit better but definitely not at an acceptable quality it used to be before.

here is some traceroutes: Thanks

T1.PNGT2.PNGT3.PNGT4.PNG

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
HFarid

Issue with accessing webpages - timing out on connection - In NSW The Ponds , NBN connection

Hi,

I contacted Telstra Support but did not get anything more than layer 1 and lights checking. If anyone from NBN team is looking at this page, please review INC05043227.

This does not seem to be a problem with any of the networking equipment at home, including the Wireless Access point or Telstra NBN Box. Please escalate the problem to the networking team as it can be a widespread issue.

I am living in NSW-The Ponds area. I have got 100/40 FTTP NBN connection at home but not using the NBN/Telstra provided Wireless Access Point since the beginning and did not have any problem with my setup. Since 2-3 days ago, I am having constant problems accessing different Web pages on the internet, even with Telstra's website.

This seems to be a possible routing / Proxy / IPS/ etc.... issue happened after a change on NBN Network. Everything was working fine till 2-3 days ago. It doesn't matter what website I try to reach. Most of the pages require a second click to open and get to the landing page and sometimes the request gets timed out. Many of the pages that require a login ( e.g yahoo mail., fortnite, etc.... ) won't pass the authentication page after entering the credentials and show a network / Proxy problem.some will be successful after a couple of times trying.

This is happening to all the devices connected to the wireless router or wired connection at home. I have tried isolating the issue and directly connecting a couple of devices to the NBN Fiber box but still, the issue is there. I have also tested the up/down speed when the issue happens and the numbers shown are normal. It looks the problem is somewhere with routing after the Telstra's Exchange.

I changed the DNS to 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4 it is getting a bit better but definitely not at an acceptable quality it used to be before.

Thanks

here is some traceroutes:T1.PNGT2.PNGT3.PNGT4.PNG

HFarid

Re: Issue with accessing web pages - timing out on connection - In NSW The Ponds , NBN connection

Here are some more details, related to the page time out when I am trying to access Yahoo mail.

T5.PNGT6.PNG

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Issue with accessing web pages - timing out on connection - In NSW The Ponds , NBN connection

Hi HFarid, are you still noticing this issue in your area?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
HFarid

I changed my ISP to Optus. The issue was / Is with Telstra DNS servers + International Routing. Optus seems to be much better.

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more