CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Issues with Telstra Smart Gen2 HFC

Answered

Received the self install kit, the NBN HTC box and Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2.  Nothing seems to hard, I thought, working in the IT industry

Plugged in NBN box, 4 solid lights showing

Plugged in Telstra Smart Modem Gen2

1st issue - The connection is using 4G back-up despite several reboots, reset defaults on both devices.  It refuses to connect to NBN box 

2nd Issue - Plug in my Land Line Phone into the correct port and there is no dial tone, absolutly nothing.  Plugged Phone back into phone wall plate and same result

3rd issue - Logged into the Telstra modem and the Phone is disabled.

4th Issue - At not stage has anyone contacted me and my order is still processing

Can't get a hold of support, I need to work from home, but this make it very hard to do

Any help would be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Issues with Telstra Smart Gen2 HFC

If order is shown as still processing then Telstra has not completed setting up your NBN connection. The phone will remain disabled until the NBN is connected. When modem connects to NBN the VOIP phone settings are configured in the modem and phone will continue to work if NBN connection is lost and modem switches to 4G backup. There are no setting in the modem. If modem is connected correctly (WAN port to Ethernet port on NBN NTD) and Telstra and NBN have configured the link correctly the modem should automatically switch to NBN.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

If order is shown as still processing then Telstra has not completed setting up your NBN connection. The phone will remain disabled until the NBN is connected. When modem connects to NBN the VOIP phone settings are configured in the modem and phone will continue to work if NBN connection is lost and modem switches to 4G backup. There are no setting in the modem. If modem is connected correctly (WAN port to Ethernet port on NBN NTD) and Telstra and NBN have configured the link correctly the modem should automatically switch to NBN.

View solution in original post

Level 1: Cadet

Thank you

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit